Primera P11 M6 CVT wagons, pros/cons!

andy61, Jan 21, 9:44am
x1
Avoid the CVT like the plague.

jason18, Jan 21, 5:41pm
I have a m6 wagon. Make sure the cvt has been serviced and you will have no trouble. Mate hacd one with over 200kms on it. the earlier imports gave the cvt a bad name with most garages chucking the wrong oil in and killing he cvts off. 6 speed is nice to drive when you need to pass and does feel like real gears to a point. These have a bit of a lag on take off due to cvt but you get use to it. RPM aroud 100kms is around 2k from memory I dont really take much notice. They have good fuel economy. CVT needs servicing every 60km and it costs about 300ish. Sr20s had dodgy oil galleries back in the day but they fixed that problem in the later ones.

wrong2, Jan 21, 9:15pm
the only manuel ones are imported , only CVT were sold new in NZ

apart from that they are a VVT updated SR20 . the manuel has reasonable economy considering the capacity/HP level

duggin, Jan 21, 11:56pm
17yr-old grandson bought a s/w last week.Same year, done 150K -$2500.00.Owner told him the stepper motor in the CVT hadn't been replaced at 100K and would need doing soon.About 60kms later . guess what!Cost $700.00 for new motor, flush and new CVT fluid.The car has service history from new, and stepper motor wasn't replaced there.But he's very happy with it and it drives well, so he's looking forward to at least 100K without worries.

wizid, Jan 22, 2:25am
why . i have had a primera wagon with cvt . for 3 yrs now . got it at 45.ks is now 155k never missed a beat . cvt runs and works far better than any auto you could buy. but . servicing the cvt is the most important thing about them.last time i went from whangarei to wellington . it cost $95 in petrol . 885km.about a yr ago.

rlr29, Jan 22, 3:05am
From a Drivers perspective:

Make sure you get a HYPER CVT M6.The one with a Tiptronic/Manual option.

Otherwise it'll drive you MENTAL, when going up a hill or tight winding areas and you can't lock it to a set gear ratio.

rlr29, Jan 22, 3:07am
Are you working on a primera CVT!

wizid, Jan 22, 3:56am
yes you can its called a sports button.its ideal for going up hills and around tight corners passing etc.

steves73, Jan 22, 8:23am
ive owned mine near 8 yrs from off the boat. bought @ 73k, now 180k on the clock
99 sport wagon with the 140kw engine, spoilers, looks lowered etc

no engine, trans issues. reg change oil n filter, newplugs, injector cleaner, air filter. had to have a front suspension replaced on one side. apparently its normal. starting to rust out in engine bay on top of front suspension mounts (car parked outside last 3 yrs) have put a stop to that. smashed back hatch window, quite hard to find 2nd hand tinted window. starter is on way out im told by wof checker, but 4yrs on its still working

i think it uses alot of gas. full tank (50l) gets about 450k around city (try to sit on 2500rpm and atleast under 3000rpm - non hooning), open road at 100-110km/hr gets 550-600k, (papakura to palmy north). use manual mode/put foot down, say goodbye to your gas, watch the needle drop! but it has some go for what it is

100k/hr is between 2000-2500rpm depending on wind factor lol
well i head nth to city its 2400, sth home sits on 2000. go figure, maybe its uphill to city!

overall nice car. Only thing that would stop me getting another is gas useage even driving like a nana

wizid, Jan 22, 5:57am
the te primera came out with a strut brace as standard both from and rear