Things drivers do without rhyme nor reason, like

Page 4 / 4
pollymay, Dec 1, 4:46am
My instructor was a tool to be honest lol. She was trying to teach me about emergency stops and just locked up all 4 flatspotting the tyres (could feel the dull thud thud thud) then told me off for turning the wheel while stopped when doing a 3 point turn."cause it wears out the tyres"

I wanted to throw her out the window at that point. She couldn't fault my driving really so moved onto other silly things like how loud my exhaust was and that a lightweight flywheel is no excuse to rev higher for taking off. Pretty much ignored everything I was "taught" and during the restricted test was told to upshift on a hill which promptly led to downshift when it couldn't do it, then I got marked down for it -_- Pack o morons.

marte, Dec 1, 4:47am
Thats a courtesy to the driver in the next incoming lane, also a byproduct of turning the indicators off by hand.

marte, Dec 1, 4:50am
Mine mentioned that, but said its "Hard on the steering gear"
They supplied the car too, $25 a Hr, seems cheap now but I was earning $154 a week in the hand.

pollymay, Dec 1, 5:12am
Potholes will do more damage to the steering system. To be honest is something is going to fail it's better to fail when stopped than halfway through a turn. I've never worn out a rack turning in place heaps of times a day, day after day. But I've killed stacks racing the old mr2 in the forest. The outer bushes and balljoints just get hammered. If anything kills the steering it's New Zealand roads, they're shockingly hard on everything.

I dunno why mine lacked the understanding that locking all 4 like she did ruined the tyres completely then told me off for something trivial. It's the kind of drivel they focus on rather than what's important.

marte, Dec 1, 5:32am
Potholes, with the amount of wheel weights I find on the street side it wouldn't suprise me.

blackdotlova, Dec 1, 5:42am
I feel you are wrong on this as i think you cant over take some one on the left in the same lane.
This is how filtering is done properly! i've not seen this in a road code but in saying this it been awhile since i read one

marte, Dec 1, 6:49am
Ah, nah, I overtake stepthru's all the time, don't even need to use a indicator.

michael.benn, Dec 1, 7:50am
Yep, they'll pick the wrong car eventually.

It's a damn shame. I quite like Pukekohe, decent little town. Starting to expand quite a bit as well.

surf_quiksilver, Dec 1, 7:51am
You are supposed to indicate after you pass the exit before the exit you are taking. If that makes sense. A lot of people indicate way too late. It doesn't really bother me but it's kind of pointless indicating when you have already left the round about.

top-c, Dec 1, 8:02am
Why do bus drivers pull up at lights in the right lane then force their way into a bus stop 100 metres up the road when it would be safer and probably quicker to stay in the left lane all the way!

urbanrefugee54, Apr 21, 3:54pm
ooh you wait until you drive on chch roads. it will be years before e/q lumps are flattened out.