Want to get some noise from my commy

stinkydog1, Jan 7, 10:03am
just got me a 87 "royale" 3 liter and want to know how i can get some sound out of the engine do i just need a aftermarket exhaust or what! not really fused about the performance just the cheapest kinda thing also is 2 inches the lowest i can take my car without needing a cert! cheers fullas

jmma, Jan 7, 10:08am
Just take the muffler off, heat up the springs till they drop and wreck a good car )o:

stinkydog1, Jan 7, 10:10am
http://www.carsonline.com.au/1986_VL_Commodore.jpg thats the desired look! i dont think it to be ruined but each to there own

jmma, Jan 7, 10:25am
Sorry, its just that you said "not really fused about the performance just the cheapest "
If you going to do it, do it properly, just don't put a big rev counter on top of the dash (o:

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 7, 10:35am
Why ruin what I presume is a reasonably unmolested example by fitting a droning fart cannon and lowering it! It just cries "I want attention because I get none" which quite frankly is rather sad and pathetic.

stinkydog1, Jan 7, 10:40am
na na none of the really crappy boy racer stuff just want a real nice cruiser you know! and i dont wana cut the pipe cause that will look hori im guessing! guess you could say the cheapest best way if that makes sense! :/ but yea want it lowered a bit with some nice vy ss rims on it or vx club sport ones want a tidy looking muffler but need to know if thats gonna give me some sound!

stinkydog1, Jan 7, 10:43am
you don't know me! take your ramblings of a "sad and pathetic attention seeker" else where just looking for some advice on my "CAR" ok! jeez dont have to be a egg

morrisman1, Jan 7, 10:43am
you could try replace the rear baffle muffler with a resonator and see what that does to your sound. You dont need to have a big exhaust to have a nice sound

gunhand, Jan 7, 10:50am
I had a 3ltr royale for a while with a 2inch system on it from memory, sounded not bad most of the time but drony at others.

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 7, 10:51am
Judging by that response the pang of self-recognition must have been rather sharp even though I didn't say it was specifically you.

My point is don't ruin it with a pointless noisy exhaust just for making noise if you're 'not fussed about performance'. That is just plain attention seeking regardless of whether you agree or not.

I would agree with morrisman's resonator to replace the rear muffler suggestion though. There's nothing wrong with a little rumble as long as it's not intrusive.

stinkydog1, Jan 7, 10:54am
cheers just looked those up on trade me look like they could be the go you reckon with that it would give me an effect like this http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=d0H0hfw85_w ! cause i know this has a resonator on it cheers

stinkydog1, Jan 7, 10:59am
you may find it attention seeking but i genuinely love the sound of a car with a bit of rumble i dont want the preformance side because i would think that would affect my gas bill!

jmma, Jan 7, 11:01am
That has got headers and its a V6, you have a straight 6, you are not going to get that sound, best to chop off rear muffler and fit something that's straight through.

stinkydog1, Jan 7, 11:14am
ok cheers

bigmacca, Jan 8, 12:27am
my commy rb30 has a 2.5in exhaust with extracters and single muffler just before the diff.seems to work ok.not overly noisey.havnt bothered lowering it tho.low enough with all my fencing gear in the back lol.