Holden v6 north south to est west conversion

pooh21, Jan 23, 12:59am
I want to rer mount a v6 holden motor for trike purposes and a good idea i came up with was going east west with it but what would be a good box to mate it with, has anyone done this or herd of it! have thought of a diamonte v6 and rear mounting it but like the gmv6 for reliability, any ideas plese

robertsons-nes, Jan 23, 1:07am
why not just keep it nrth/south and mount it up the front like they do on the v8 trikes

pooh21, Jan 23, 1:10am
i like rer mounted for the looks, dont often see nice looking chopper style trikes

franc123, Jan 23, 1:12am
You'd be lucky to find one that would fit, the Holden nee Buick 3.8 was used in FWD cars in its previous life but not in anything out here, you'd have to be looking to the US to get that.Probably be more hassle than its worth, as would trying to adapt something else.Look at some other options, what about a Nissan VQ30 out of a Maxima!An all alloy motor might be a better idea anyway.

clark20, Jan 23, 1:15am
use a maxima motor and box.

snap

sr2, Jan 23, 1:16am
I think you'd be creating a lot of unnecessary work for yourself attempting to adapt a FWD transmission to your Holden. Better idea would be to find a FWD V6 engine/trans combination and use that.

whqqsh, Jan 23, 1:38am
maybe easier to find an old buick setup, same base motor but made in front wheel drive, everything you need is there

dave653, Jan 27, 5:17pm
Wheelies anyone!