Mazda Atenza Bose Sound System

georgeandvicki, Nov 30, 8:40am
I just purchased a 2005 facelift Mazda Atenza and found the bose stereo seems to have an intermittent issue playing CDs.Sometime it works absolutely fine and others it won't read a CD at all or freezes.Has anyone else had an issue like this and would know where to get this fixed in Hamilton!

horsepower7, Nov 30, 8:45am
oh no! these are a pain in the butt! once they stuff out you have to get a whole new one. the air con an heating are part of the centre console so are really expensive to replace. you might have to get an ipod addapter if you want to listen to your fav music.

mellisa2000, Nov 30, 9:13am
Have the CD's been copied off the computer! I have heard of these causing issues in a few different manufacturers units.

georgeandvicki, Nov 30, 9:20am
yes, one has that I tried. Though I have had the issue with a new CD I just purchased as well. Just stopped out of the blue and came up with "Check CD".I'm really hoping its not stuffed, its one of the reasons I chose the car :)

horsepower7, Nov 30, 9:25am
yup she bugered sorry ;-( new unit usually 6 to 800 bucks, but you wont be garenteeed the new one wont break ether. thats the only crap thing about atenzas ;-(

planespotterhvn, Nov 30, 9:32am
take unit to Tiscos for clean and alignment and reset.

horsepower7, Nov 30, 9:34am
ooooh wonder if that will work.or you could get a cd stacker put in under the seat for around 500-700 bucks ;-p

smac, Nov 30, 6:39pm
This is why I hate the fact manufacturers are moving away from DIN.pain in the bum AND wallet.

georgeandvicki, Nov 30, 8:16pm
cool, thanks for the suggestions I will see what I can do about getting it repaired.

saxman99, Nov 30, 9:46pm
Sometimes there is a DIN space behind all the curvy trim, all you need is the appropriate bezel and it's all good.Failing that, I agree it's very lame.

trdbzr, Nov 30, 10:28pm
I have a Mazda 6 as a daily driver and the Bose speakers had blown. Turns out Bose gear is VERY expensive. I got one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAZDA6-SINGLE-DIN-DASH-KIT-/280281844637!pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4142198b9d#ht_500wt_901and changed the headunit, speakers, amp and sub in the car. Keep in mind that unless you are replacing any of the Bose gear with Bose gear, you will have to change the entire setup. The speakers, amp and sub are 2 ohms.

vtecintegra, Nov 30, 10:36pm
I'd see if you can have an iPod interface installed and just buy one of them to leave in the car. Way more convenient than CDs and probably a damn site cheaper too.

trdbzr, Nov 30, 10:38pm
I actually looked at getting one of those put in but turns out that they aren't reliable.

smac, Nov 30, 11:48pm
Get a 2nd opinion. It's a wire.

smac, Dec 1, 2:01am
On what basis have you determined they're no good! Just wondering, cause I've seen examples of several different kinds all working just fine.

jimjonesy, Dec 1, 2:12am
BOSE - buy other sound equipment.

trdbzr, Dec 1, 3:28am
i read up a lot of reviews for them online and on forums

georgeandvicki, Dec 3, 6:16am
turns out nothing was wrong with the cd player, I had it checked out and cleaned and an auxillary added so I can use my iPod.Also found out it has an HDD.I have no idea how to access this, its all Japanese music, apparently it a sanyo HDD.Has anyone come across this in the Mazdas!