New Holden Barina

charlie4561, Dec 1, 6:31am
I am thinking of getting a wee runabout, any thoughts on the latest Holden Barina! I realise it is a Korean car of course. Not interested in second hand cars by the way.

phillip.weston, Dec 1, 7:42am
eww. Go for a Ford Fiesta instead, or wait for the Cruze SRi-V hatch to arrive.

bigjerry, Dec 1, 8:01am
Mate, Im gonna say it. The new Barina is cool. Its put together nice, full of safety and full of . i wanna say power.but you know what I mean, tourqey. I would buy it for the wife and let her park it on the drive. I like them.

thunderbolt, Dec 1, 8:05am
New barina was outclassed by Kia picanto in one of the car mags.

mitsiboy69, Dec 1, 9:00am
Yep Ford Fiesta is the king of the small car category. They look awesome.

trouser, Dec 1, 9:10am
Different classes but.

phillip.weston, Dec 2, 3:39am
But what!

rovercitroen, Dec 2, 3:59am
What's your budget! How about a Suzuki Swift Sport or a VW Polo!

holmespd, Dec 3, 1:44am
Read a review in Aussie, rated it one of the worst small cars released this year.Go for a Mazda or Polo.Even test drive all three, the difference will be noticeable.

db.price, Dec 3, 6:14pm
Now which Barina are we talking about!The Spark or the new Barina proper!Assume it is the Spark as you say it is Korean.

Have to say my wife and I were taken in by the look - pretty sharp, modern.Then came the test drive.

Awful! Awful! Awful!The car handles poorly and is noisy - lots of engine noise.The clutch is spongy and the overall feel of the car is just not right.Perhaps you had a different opinion when you drove it!

Personally in the price bracket the Kia Picanto is a better car.Quiet with good room, very economical and it comes in Auto and has a impressive list of extras.

andy956, Dec 3, 6:37pm
If the new ones are anything like the older models, they are awesome wee cars. I brought a new one in 2005, have done many long road trips from the top to the bottom of NZ- never a single problem. All it has needed is a yearly service.Has never broken down, most reliable car I have ever owned.

trouser, 2 days, 11 hours
One is $24k and the other is a much bigger car starting at $30k.