English caravans beaware.

chris241, Dec 2, 6:45am
i bought a english caravan as a write off. Ive fixed it now and its allready been in NZ for a few years now. Anyway last thing to do was get a electrical W.O.F thought id be sweet its only just run out this year. Anyway it failed on earths and the swich board all the RCD's were all non compliant for use in NZ. The guy was not happy and said it should never have past a electrical W.O.F

So just warning to anyone out there looking at these as you may be in for a unexpected bill.

twink19, Dec 2, 6:41pm
buy NZ made

mrfxit, Dec 2, 7:00pm
Regs changed all over the place recently.
10 years is a long time for any sort of wof on a vehicle/trailer

franc123, Dec 2, 8:26pm
+1000.I take it you have seen as much as I have how flimsily constructed these things are, they look flash and comfortable and well kitted out but the quality of materials used in them, sheesh.They ain't goint to last 30 years+ plus like the kiwi ones do/have.

romulan7, Dec 2, 8:40pm
I find this amusing someone once complained to me about an English made caravan, turns out it was built by a firm in Cardiff.

chris241, Dec 2, 9:20pm
youve hit the nail rite on the head. And i know this as ive just rebuilt the left hand side of our one. There is next to no wood framing they just use glue and staples to put them together. the floor is 2 bits of 3mm ply with a foam pannel in the middel. Same with the walls bar the alloy sheeting on the external and thats only as thick as a coke can