Does the oil filter brand matter!

Page 2 / 2
mrfxit, Jan 24, 11:05pm
BUT in saying all of the above. some brands DO have a better/ more reliable back flow/ antidrain valve system then other brands, BUT . even then it can depend on the exact application & model of filter AND engine spec PLUS km's as to any problems showing up

pdc1, Jan 24, 11:43pm
Thanks for the bollocks. I said "probably", and not offered other explanations which I should have. We are talking about the oil going black after 2 weeks because of an oil &filter change! I agree with you that I haven't seen what whqqsh has stated either and also think that there is more to it, but It's getting off topic. The original post is filters. I was just disagreeing with statements to effect that oil keeps clear because of filter, or the other one implied that good oils stay clear.

mrfxit, Jan 25, 12:18am
LOL, hey it was "mostly" . ( & in reference to JUST the qouted bit)

Anyways, yep but not off topic unles the topic was being pedanticly strict.
Oil is designed to take advantage of many things & for many jobs including.
Cleaning
Lubrication
cooliing
Preservation
Noise control
Friction control
Impurity/contamination transport
Consistant hot/cold fluidity

Some of these are effected by filter construction & some not.
The very nature of the job that oil does, means it DOES get dirty &will get dirtier sooner as the km's build up.

mrfxit, Jan 25, 12:20am
Back to the 1st question .

Trail & error if you have the time & cash.
OEM filter if you don't.

elect70, Feb 1, 1:44pm
^^ yep on the coast actually & getting courier a holesout here takes at least 3 days from Palmyor theythey leave it at Levin depot orextra rural delivery charge & jus t leave it on top of letter box . I usually buy oil filter & magnatec when SC have deal onbut didnt have deal on in dec so bought the oil at ripco as was on specialbut wasnt prepared to pay their OT price for ryco filter. double price of OEM