Pitstop Hamilton

ric7, Jan 25, 8:39pm
sounds dodgy to me, pads at that price as well! Drivebelt is not a fail, I would complain if I were you!

clark20, Jan 25, 8:41pm
They cannot fail the pads if the brakes still function correctly and are not an immediate risk eg 0.5mm left. The belts they can because they could break and you could lose power steering etc.

madaz_james, Jan 25, 8:42pm
350-380 to do you brakes ouch I just my brakes on a 91 lasser cost me 35 for the pats from super cheap, it sounds like this guy trying to rip you of

clark20, Jan 25, 8:43pm
Get your normal mechanic to check and fix these things then take it back for a recheck.

daryl14, Jan 25, 9:11pm
Hamilton brake and clutch in Keddle street, Frankton are good AND cheap.

shuddupowh, Jan 25, 10:23pm
Yep. NEVER go to Pitstop. I only ever hear bad stories about them. Just like VTNZ. Bunch of morons working there. Probably under paid so told to talk sh-t to make more $. I'd never pay $300+ for my brakes. My mate helps me do mine, takes us 30mins to do both front. And thats with just normal tools so a workshop should only take 10mins per brake cos they got way more tools. As already posted, take it to YOUR mechanic or someone who a close friend or family member recommends - get the work done then go back and get your WOF sticker.

bigjerry, Jan 25, 10:30pm
sounds like typical pitstop. they sting you hard. they rely on you being dumb and easily fooled, because thats how they see customers

mrfxit, Jan 25, 10:38pm
Pads are a fail if under the manufacturs spec's (average 1mm to 1.5mm)
Drive belts are a fail IF it's the belt that runs the power steering

mrfxit, Jan 25, 10:41pm
Agree with the above on pricing, should only be about $150 fitted both sides if an average type joe blogg's brake pad & vehicle,
maybe $250 if needing the rotors skimmed as well

bigjerry, Jan 26, 12:04am
haha, harsh, totally insensitive, but so true!

phillip.weston, Jan 26, 12:15am
It is a fail if the drivebelt is the one driving the power steering pump. Imagine if the power steering belt snapped mid-corner and the driver wasn't expecting the steering to suddenly go heavy. If the drive belt only drives the alternator and/or air con pump then it isn't a fail.

phillip.weston, Feb 5, 2:51am
I've had great service from Lance and his team from Pitstop Anglesea Street, but having said that I've only taken cars in for exhaust work and specifically said exactly what I want and have been giving a printed quote first. I probably wouldn't take my car there for a WOF though. Pads can be failed for below minimum thickness just like tyres can be failed for below minimum tread depth, and just like tyres low pads can still perform fine in the right conditions, but once a bald tyre is driven through a puddle of water or the brake pad material wears out completely then they aren't exactly ideal conditions and should rightly be failed.