V8 OR V6 BLOCK.

skippy33, Dec 3, 9:09am
hi all,im on the hunt for a v8 block again,time for anouther coffee table,and this time its going in my lounge,once its in there the wife wont be able to move it,so if anyone has or knows of any old v8 or even a v6 laying around they dont want let me know,need something to keep me busy in the shed.

v8_mopar, Dec 3, 9:12am
3 8's on their ends would make a cool wine rack with a place in the middle of each 8 to place a bottle standing up

pollymay, Dec 3, 9:26am
If you dont mind it being a bit rusty from sitting outside I have a V6 sitting around. It was a toyota 3vzfe. It was inside for ages but went outside cause no one needed it. Been there a couple weeks. Ran a bearing, has the crank, rods and pistons still in it bar one. Just wanted that for measurements, no oil pump on the end or end plate, just a bare shortblock.

Can post pics of it tomorrow if you want, at least if I go out there and remember

friendly_prawn, Dec 3, 9:38am
a rover V8 or a P76 block might be the way to go.
I once sold a P76 V8 engine, complete and going. Two guys picked it up and carried it down the drive to their truck.Much lighter than an iron block.

skippy33, Dec 3, 9:38am
sweet,cheers,ill take it off yr hands,give me a text,0 2 1 8 1 9 9 7 0,could pick up tomorrow morning,am working tomorrow arfo,cheers.

skippy33, Dec 3, 9:40am
yea would love to get my hands on one of those,but they not easy to come by and not cheap

pollymay, Dec 3, 9:50am
I'll make sure it hasn't gone to scrap first. There is a literal pile of engines outside the door at the moment, few honda motors, the V6, a 4age and a celica motor. The 3vz is one heavy biyatch I'll add, I've lifted mine up a few times, cast iron is so weighty.

skippy33, Dec 3, 9:59am
yea,have made 2 out of a 351 and a 350,they were heavy,not something the wife will be moving in a hurry

skippy33, Dec 3, 6:26pm
bump fr sunday

pollymay, Dec 5, 11:44pm
Sorry, I went out and I missed it by a couple hours, already been hauled to scrap

mk3zephyr, Dec 6, 12:00am
bugga, just took the junk 350 block to the scrappers, didnt see this thread earlier

skippy33, Dec 8, 7:22am
bump fr any newcomers