Timing belt. Just broke timing belt on a toyota hilux will it damage engine some one said it should be sweet cause its a toyota

pacificsand, Apr 17, 7:48am
To add to timing belts, I just had my Hilux in for what I thought was a head gasket problem 1.5k to fix to find out it it's a loose timing chain causing damage to it's housing and is up to 3k to fix. Does this price sound reasonable !

a.woodrow, Apr 17, 7:55am
Will be almost guaranteed to have some level of engine damage. Could be minor (I broke a belt in a 2l-t once and only needed 3 new cam followers) or it could be bent valves, damage to camshaft etc etc. You'll only know when you strip it down.

gadgit3, Apr 17, 7:57am
22R!

dent, Apr 17, 7:59am
what engine is it pacificsand and what was the original fault!

pacificsand, Apr 17, 8:07am
Yeah 22R, Hi Dent. original fault was water in the oil. Head Gasket has been looked at and fine. Since found out it is a loose time chain causing slight holein the casing causing the problem.

incar., Apr 17, 9:08am
Interference motor

jmma, Apr 17, 9:13am
These also corroded with lack of inhibitor, Not really a huge job, 3K sounds excessive, but have they taken head off, Is this included in price!

pacificsand, Apr 17, 10:49am
Yes, the head has been removed and taken in for a check, and included in the price, cheers

ceebee2, Apr 18, 4:42am
Give Gleye and Parlane a call in Barrys Point Rd Takapuna and get a quote from him.he is the best diesel repairer / auto machinist I have known in Auckland and genuine no rip off. Tell him CEEBEE Mtrs referred you. Sound very expensive to me.Will even be worth transporting it from Warkworth.

gadgit3, Apr 18, 4:58am
22R is a petrol.

ruralben, Dec 4, 9:01am
just broke timing belt on a toyota hilux will it damage engine some one said it
should be sweet cause its a toyota is this write!

happylad3, Dec 4, 9:57am
Nope. Sorry to say, it will be toast. Bent valves, broken buckets and shims. Possibly even a cracked piston if it hit hard enough. And at a stretch, cracked cam.

Edit: to say that applies for an "L" series and the 1KZ engines

ruralben, Dec 4, 9:59am
but its a non interfering motor!

happylad3, Dec 4, 10:05am
What engine have you got!

jasongroves, Dec 4, 10:06am
x1
Save me Jeebers

ruralben, Dec 4, 10:18am
5l .3ld 2001 toyota hilux

happylad3, Dec 4, 10:22am
It will be very most likely rooted. On those the valves are flash with the head. And when the belt breaks, so do a lot of other things. Just had a 5L at work that broke a belt. And it needed 8 valves, 8 guides, and new cam and followers.

the-lada-dude, Dec 4, 6:58pm
jezz that was lucky, what's that gunna cost to fix !

the-lada-dude, Dec 5, 5:41am
well !

happylad3, Dec 5, 5:54am
Shit sorry. Didn't realise you were talking to me. I have no idea of the costs. I'm just the boy that does the work. The office sorts that shit out.

the-lada-dude, Nov 12, 9:52pm
don't be sorry , just ask the boss or rummage thru their paper work and let us know.