1996 4wd Toyota Hilux removing outer hub

hmb5, Mar 4, 7:21am
Can anyone tell me where I can download illustration on how to do - front hub - this thanks want to change brake pads

tnt423, Mar 4, 8:07am
Why do you want to remove the hub to change the brake pads!

mechnificent, Mar 4, 8:10am
I think it would be safer for everybody if you took it to a mechanic!

mrfxit, Mar 4, 8:56am
Yea wheel off (me thinks as well) & how to change the pads.

mrfxit, Mar 4, 8:58am
When it comes to brakes, . & you have to ask HOW & even then get it wrong just with the asking. would be best to have a mechanic either, .do the job or to PERSONALLY guide you on how.

hmb5, Mar 4, 6:29pm
Yes want to change brake pads

hmb5, Mar 5, 3:12am
We have locking hubs on our vehicle and are wanting to remove these or is there a way of changing brake pads without removing this!
I am not doing the job my otherhalf is and has asked the question so I have just put it out there! The Hubs have to be skimmed (what ever that is)
thanks

hmb5, Mar 5, 7:17am
Yes he is a bit of a good fix it man.he is an engineer but has not come across the need to remove these locking hubs before and they are not electric ones you need to do it by hand.if that is helpful.what he needs is an assembly instruction sheet of such so he dont muck it up.that is what I am wondering where you would go to find an instruction sheet to do this like you can get a manual for vehicles but we dont have one see the delimma (think that s how you spell it) thinking of looking somewhere on the net-surely thereis a site but buggered it I can find it hence my call for help!

shopqueen2, Mar 6, 5:42am
try google there are forums and workshop manuals every where

tnt423, Mar 6, 5:49am
http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/hubs.htm

Once you get the manual locking hubs off there is only two nuts and a couple of washers on the spindle to take off, then the brake parts, may need to do the wheel bearings if you take the rotors off to get machined.

mrfxit, Mar 6, 5:51am
Would be better to take it to a brake shop & get them to skim the disk's ON the vehicle, I don't think they even need to remove pads to do that.
that way you aren't risking upsetting the 4wd hubs & or getting the bearing settings wrong.
If he already has the pads & still wants to save some cash(& the original pads are not buggered yet), you could get the disk's skimmed at the shop & replace the pads the same day or next day at home or get the shop to swap them over at the same time.

Only way to find out is ask around.

mrfxit, Mar 6, 5:55am
Those sleeve washers can be a real barstard to move if never done before & you can fit the hub 180 degree's out if not looking at it correctly.

tnt423, Mar 6, 6:28am
Yep they can be a right c@#$ to get off.

hmb5, Mar 6, 7:11am
Thanks for the help everyone
Cheers

illusion_, Jun 21, 2:52pm
that one