Oxy Acetylene Welder, Hamilton

scamper, Jan 27, 8:30am
Does anyone in Hamilton or surrounding area have a Oxy acetyline welder that they would be willing to hire out to us for a couple of weeks, my husband is a former panelbeater so knows how to use them, but just doesn't have access to one anymore. Thanks heaps.

noswalg, Jan 27, 8:59am
Why not get one from hirepool!

jono2912, Jan 27, 9:11am
http://www.generalhire.co.nz/!c=9426

Ed: Although that could get expensive very quickly.

scamper, Jan 27, 9:14am
At nearly $70.00 a day plus the gas, an expensive option, was hoping for someone to have one sitting not getting used in their garage and wanting to make a few dollars + get their bottles refilled.

jono2912, Jan 27, 9:14am
Snap. You could borrow mine if I had one.

scamper, Jan 27, 9:17am
Thanks Jono, you are little bit further away though.

plover, Jan 27, 9:28am
Unfortunately BOC gases hold the monopoly and don't have ownership bottles anymore.We have to lease them at a very high yearly rental which puts it beyond the home handyman from having a set. I have still got my set which I own & they are not getting them back,they are now empty & I can't get them filled so you might be lucky to borrow a set. It has put a damper on the home restorer.Good Luck

geoff_m, Feb 11, 10:57am
Go to Supagas to get them filled (and tested). They rock! They have agents around a lot of the country as well.
I can't stand BOC or Air Liquide - they are an out and out con to put it politely. There are a few sellers on TM that sell new private bottles and second hand ones come up from time to time. Make sure if you are buying that they are really owner bottles, not rentals that got lost in the system.