2004 Legacy 3.0R thoughts!

suicidemonkey, Dec 6, 1:21am
2004 Subaru Legacy 3.0R - I'm looking at one of these. any owners or previous owners have any thoughts on this car! Cheers :)

phillip.weston, Dec 6, 1:52am
nice. I say go for it!

drew2009, Dec 6, 2:11am
yeah they were nice cars, had many of the old subaru problems ironed out by then.

fish4funnz, Dec 6, 2:14am
plus they are a boxer 6cyl and have a camchain instead of belt so saves a heap on servicing costs.

rovercitroen, Dec 6, 3:41am
I'd like one in a manual. I don't usually like Subarus but those ones are nice.

suicidemonkey, Dec 6, 3:46am
Cool, thanks for the feedback guys :)

lookoutas, Dec 6, 4:23am
zeph told me the water-pumps crap out, but I brought one just the same.
Always owned turbo's, but I like it. Don't like the lack of grunt when compared to a turbo. But it's a good car for mother to cruise around in, and I've got something worth driving when we go away

lookoutas, Dec 6, 4:45am
Things we learn using Braille.
Becoz the Subaru manuals can't be read, a picture in one showed a pen/sharp object inserted into a button at the top LH of the nav screen, which opened the screen. Then further Braille discovered a silver button on the top edge which ejected a CD. I plugged the CD into the PC and found 20 Data files of which I can not open any.
Now - if the correct CD for NZ could be obtained, then the nav system just might work, and get rid of the Jap-crap that shows up. I had already stuck a sticker over the screen to hide it (leaving the AC display clear) so don't know whether it's clear now that the CD has been plucked.

Last weekend I decided to test if the remote might just open the boot if the Unlock button was held down - but it didn't, although I heard a whirring sound and thought it was a window operating in the car parked beside.
When I went to the drivers door, the window was down! - so i pushed & held the Lock button. The doors locked and the window went up. I pushed & held the Unlock - the doors unlocked and the drivers window went down.

How bout that!
Anyone else used Braille to stumble on other features!

ceedoubleyou, Dec 6, 4:47am
Presently drive a 2006 model, handles very neutral compared to my previous RSK B4, which had the grunt but it was very understeery.