Leaking Sunroof, any experts help needed please

bigspender01, Jan 27, 11:32pm
Hiya a couple of days ago I discovered after a heavy downpour that water had been leaking through the sunroof and soaked my drivers seat, I have covered the top with plastic for now to stop any further leaking, on closer inspection my husband discovered some broken bits of black plastic inside the rim of the sunroof, so I pressume thats why it leaks, not too sure how that happened, could anyone please estimate the cost of having this repaired.

Also the sunroof has a tilt button, what is that for!

Many thanx in advance

bill-robinson, Jan 27, 11:52pm
You could try cleaning out the drains located in each corner. this has always cured the problem on cars that I have had. Just gently run a length of wire or idealy an old speedo cable into the corners and slowly jaband twist away untill it feels clear.Most drains are about 1 metre long.

bigspender01, Jan 28, 1:22am
oh ok I'll give that a try then, thanx, but what about the broken bits of plastic would I need to replace the whole plastic thing!

lookoutas, Jan 28, 5:10am
Compressed air works good

bigspender01, Jan 28, 5:12am
ok thanx

biddy6, Jan 28, 6:10am
Use an old netcurtain wire-plastic covered thingy, they work brilliantly, just keep pushing and twisting.

blue_van_man, Jan 28, 6:15am
and the tilt butto means you can tilt it up instead of opening it the whole way up

bigspender01, Jan 28, 8:12am
Great thanx I'll give it a go if this rain stops any time soon

bigspender01, Jan 28, 8:14am
Oh ok I tried the tilt button and it did'nt seem to tilt, maybe a cm, but the top was shut, so do you use the tilt button when its closed or open, sorry to sound a bit divvy but I never had a car with a sunroof before

monzaman, Jan 28, 8:18am
or use the white coated wire curtain cord-from under the car if u can find the bottom ends of drain tubes.

robbo36, Jan 28, 7:24pm
Can you be sure that someone has not tried to break into your car! If you had the sunroof on tilt and someone has tried to lever the sunroof open and broken the plastic surround. Just a thought!

lookoutas, Feb 14, 12:47pm
Then it won't matter.