Any car audio experts out there! I need amp advice

rural_girl, Oct 6, 6:35am
I have recently built a sub box containing 2 JVC 12 inch subwoofers.
They are 800W each 250 W RMS power.
4 Ohm input.
Im no expert so this is all confusing language to me. Can anyone help me out with the type of amp I should be looking for eg. size, power, channels etc! I'm really keen to get these bad boys running soon.

Cheers.

jasongroves, Oct 6, 6:46am
A 4 channel bridgeable amp would suit.
Your subs will need a minimum of 250w RMS each, so aim for around 300w per channel when bridged at 4?

jasongroves, Oct 6, 8:25am
You must have some pretty good components! LOL!
Yes, that amp would be suitable for running speakers in its 4 channel state, but what the OP wants is something capable of delivering 250w minimum to 2 subs @ 4?

rural_girl, Oct 6, 8:39am
Thanks, this makes things a bit easier even though i still have no idea what im doing. Your help is much appreciated cheers.

jasongroves, Oct 6, 8:43am
All the info you will need is here: http://www.the12volt.com/

jasongroves, Oct 6, 8:45am
Excuse my ignorance there, if you wire the subs in parallel it will give you a 2?

jasongroves, Oct 6, 8:48am
Decent spec amp, never heard of it but may be good. 1000w RMS is a bit overkill though IMO. With voltage drops and other variables, you would probably end up with 800-900w. You would have to have the gain down quite low to be on the safe side.

jasongroves, Oct 6, 8:50am
Might pay to get installed by a pro perhaps! They may even do a good deal if you purchase the amp from them.

trdbzr, Oct 6, 10:47am
what is your budget for the amp!

jasongroves, Oct 6, 11:38am

jasongroves, Oct 6, 11:40am

jasongroves, Oct 6, 11:50am

jasongroves, Oct 6, 11:51am

rural_girl, Oct 6, 9:21pm
being a student.the cheaper the better really but not cheap and nasty.

richard198, Dec 14, 6:56am
It's all worth $100/hr! Send her the invoice!