Nissan 350z - any experts?

fiatracer, Nov 9, 8:47pm
A couple of questions about these cars. I know the 'Track' version had some mods, most notable the Brembo front brakes. Are these a simple bolt-on mod for the lower-spec cars! What other differences are there between the early models!
Also, the powertrain was shared with some other Nissan models - but is there another Nissan that shares the LSD diff that the 350z 'Track' has! Is there a complete Nissan rear end that can bolt in to a 350z with a shagged diff!thanks

r15, Nov 9, 9:09pm
i know next to nothing about these, but how did you manage to shag a diff in one!

fiatracer, Nov 9, 9:25pm
I didn't. But it just is.

vtecintegra, Nov 9, 10:50pm
From what I've gathered from the Aussie Skyline forums the later 6-speed V35 Skyline was available in a 'track' model too with the Brembo brakes and LSD, but there are examples of cars with one option but not the other so who knows how Japanese options worked.

Apparently the big brakes won't clear the wheels on lower model Skylines but are otherwise bolt in, don't know about the Z

sr2, Nov 9, 11:57pm
Quaif, Xtrac, Kaz and others make suitable LSD units, are we sure the problem is not with the C/W and pinion!

fiatracer, Nov 10, 12:50am
I expect the problem IS with the crownwheel and pinion as it clunck and bangs terribly - I really was asking whether there's another car that shares the same rear end so potentially an entire swap could be done.

3beers, Nov 10, 9:35am
When the 350z was first released here it came in 2 versionsthe Roadster and the Track . The roadster had the smaller 17 inch rims softer suspension and slightly lower power ratingthan the Track . Model code for both was Z33 (new 370 is Z34)easiest way to tell the difference was the brakes and 18 inch rims on the track . The roaster version didnt last long . Only 1 shipment for memory as everyone wanted the brembo brakes and better drive .(funny that)I cant rember if there was a difference in one being lsd and the other an open . but if you were to ring Niel at city Nissan over on the Shore he would probably be able to help you out as he is heavily involved in supplying performance items for these . Both factory and after market .

fiatracer, Nov 10, 8:19pm
^cheers for the contact

kazbanz, Nov 10, 9:27pm
Is it the 350z that has the satnav feature that knows the car is on a racetrack and aloows the car to go full speed rather than limited to 190 in the Jap market model !

morrisman1, Nov 10, 9:37pm
i think thats the new GTR Kaz

wizid, Nov 10, 9:40pm
all v35 rwdskylines have the same diff as the z . so i have been told

vtecintegra, Nov 11, 1:32am
Nah most of the Skylines are open - the LSD was an option but as far as I can tell mostly on the 3.5 cars.

wizid, Feb 19, 12:47pm
vt.i have a 250gt with alsd in it .what i meant was 90% of the part of a z will fit the v35 modelso the diff out of the v35 model should fit