1997 Rav4 GT.

Page 2 / 2
thejazzpianoma, Dec 7, 9:14am
BTW, another trick that may work is to buy a car with memory electric seats. You set memory one to right back and then memory two to your proffered seating position. Just hit memory one before you get out and then memory two when you are in.

This is not so good if you are getting in and out a lot as its slow but might work for your commute, especially if getting in and out is a real challenge as opposed to an inconvienince.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 7, 9:15am
People pay a lot of money for just one ride in a zorb.

kcc55a, Dec 7, 9:20am
Been driving a 2000 RAV4 for about a year now. Dont find it uncomfortable to drive done a couple of 6 and 9m hour trips and its been OK. Not economical but I wouldnt say it was as bad as 10L per 100K. More like about 8.5. Biggest fault, and this one is a 3 door, is the vision sideways when you are backing out of an angle park. There is a huge blind spot and much much worse when you have a passenger.

us2, Dec 7, 9:20am
thanks so so much.this has been a great help
Merry Christmas everyone!

tuttyclan, Dec 7, 9:38am
I would not buy that one,for that sort of money you can get the newer 2001 on shape Rav.
My wife has a 1994 Rav and its great around town as well as the open road.Fuel wise the best I have had out of it on the open road is about 9 litres per 100km and betweeen 10 and 11 around town.For ease of getting in and out its a breeze.It can be a little bumpier in the ride compared to a car but its better than the bigger tractors out there that wallow.
In comparison I own a 1997 Honda Accord Vti 2200 (Vtec) and thats also great around town and a dream on the open road.Best fuel results are between 6 and 7 litres per 100k and around town about 9 to 10 litres per 100.
Personally I would reccommend a Accord or even a Civic but for extra ease of getting in and out a Rav ticks the boxes.
If you are set on a 4wd then have a look at a Honda CRV,they are a little smoother than the Rav.(Wifey wanted a Rav lol)

tuttyclan, Dec 7, 10:01am
Computers playing up,just copy and paste the links and you will see them.

stevexc, Dec 8, 12:00am
I have a 1997 RAV4 4 door 4WD and it uses around 10km/litre mostly around town.

I refuse to drive it on the highway.I can't stand the damn thing on long trips, I don't even like the 10km commute to work.They are noisey and uncomfortable.

They are practical though.I'm going to line mine with sound proofing to make it more bearable.

tuttyclan, Dec 8, 1:13am
Ours is definatly not as quiet as my 1997 Accord on the open road,there is a real hum at 100 km/h.We used to have a 1989 Toyota Corona with the same 3SFE engine and that used to hum too at 100 km/h.

elect70, Dec 8, 2:37am
How do you get 2 in a peel ! .