Cost for registration for a Rav4

yeahm8, May 24, 9:56am
A friend of mine wants to buy a 5dr Rav4, it's not registered at the moment and she was told it's only about $250 for a years rego.I recall someone off here in a thread a while ago saying that their 3dr rav rego costs was quite dear, anyone here own a Rav (2000cc) and could tell me what it is costing them!

grangies, May 24, 10:01am
A Rav 4 will cost exactly the same amount for registration as any other car.

There's no different prices, as per the model of vehicle.

Only difference is between diesel and petrol.

Rav 4's are just cars.

for_an_angel, May 24, 10:09am
Depends if it's been classed in it's correct group at point of entry. MA or MC if classed one way it could cost ya $250 if the other it would be more like $444

franc123, May 24, 10:16am
Not registered or not licenced!Big difference, if the rego has lapsed there is going to be a hell of a lot more than $250 involved to get it back on the road.Registration is NOT the correct term for fees paid to obtain the windscreen labels, you better be sure about whats being purchased here.The annual licence fee will be $290 or thereabouts IF its been registered in the right category, as above.

yeahm8, May 24, 10:31am
The rego ran out about 3 weeks ago, it has about 5months of WOF on it, the owner went to Oz and the father is selling on behalf but didn't have any idea on costing for rego.when my friend asked me to go around and look at the car with her tomorrow I just recalled a thread many months ago someone mentioning that their Rav was classed as a van and the registration cost had near doubled.

for_an_angel, May 24, 10:36am
Sorry this should read class MC or NA. MC being a 4x4 and NA being light goods (yes I have come across a few classed as NA

yeahm8, May 24, 10:50am
It's a 4X4, so should be classed as MC, and I'm guessing where the rego increase would be if it's classed as NA.

for_an_angel, May 24, 10:58am
Correct. They should be classed as a MC but sometimes the guys and gals at POE must have a rough day ad put them in the wrong class and it's not easy (dam near imposable ) to reclass

yeahm8, Mar 29, 3:11pm
Thanks for that angel, any bit of info is very helpful.