Ok HELP PLEASE! Suzuki Swift owners please!

Page 2 / 4
thejazzpianoma, Jan 27, 5:41am
What about this Golf 332164176

The 0-100 times are just as claimed 5 speed vs 5 speed Swift wins,CVT vs Auto Swift loses. Swift is 11.7 seconds in auto form and heres the link http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/!car=127831

Having actually lined the two actual cars p side by side I also know in reality it stands.

Grow up, contribute something proper of your own and stop being an idiot.

We are talking about a car that's around 1/2 to 1/3 of the price, nit picking over fractions of a second is just pathetic.

theunicorn, Jan 27, 6:07am
I don't see how descending to personal abuse gives any credence to you being an intelligent contributor to the boards.

wrong2, Jan 27, 6:35am
funny how people who own the swift & give their impressions of it are not reliable if they dont end up plugging your favourite euro models

the only way a non-punto thread can get derailed round here is if you pop in with your the-puntos-sh!t-doesnt-stink attitude

they are horrid little dog-boxes

who cares if their cvt works better when its in good condition , that aint going to last because its a fiat

wrong2, Jan 27, 6:42am
so why are you so worried about it then !

carfolio states :

"The specifications for this 2005 Suzuki Swift 1.5 GLX Automatic car are presented for your information only and no guarantees as to their accuracy can be given"

& when they claim the Jazz weighs 1400 kg , its no wonder you muppet .

"Grow up, contribute something proper of your own and stop being an idiot"

you mean if we are not praising your favourite car we are immature &contirbuting improper opinion ! lol your too much

carkitter, Jan 27, 11:54am
One has to wonder why that is, eh.

I was quite keen on a Audi A4 recently (still am in fact) but after talking to a friend who is an Audi Service Technician I've decided I can't afford it. My fuel bill will rise by 50-60% and the servicing costs and complexity are potentially ruinous because my automotive expertise is nullified by the need for special service tools.

I've driven a couple of late model Swifts and they are fabulous. It's no wonder their resale values hold up so well.

carstauranga001, Jan 27, 6:28pm
Here's the facts in short (no need to read Jazzies novel)

Suzuki Swift: Very capable car which may be a little pricey used due to being very popular globally.

Fiat Punto: Pile of rubbish which is rubish to drive and it's resale is very low due to the lack of popularity.

Buyers arn't stupid any more and have access to an information highway in their homes. Cheap is cheap because nobody wants one. Buy a Fiat if you want to die with it.

joel14, Jan 27, 6:36pm
Thanks for all your help, Although I just really love the look of the swift sport, the other car at the top of my list is the Mazda Axela 2-2.3cc. As I will be without a car as from tonight its going to be a big day for hubby and myself on the hunt for my wee car tomorrow!
Cheers.

jsbike, Jan 27, 8:09pm
how much was the punto new! seems like they depereciate a lot even though uts quite new and low km, why is that!

joel14, Jan 27, 8:25pm
Yes thats exactly where Im at Kazbanz, The Runx Z 1800 is also at top of my list. Tossing between Mazda or Toyota!, but love the shape of both, I guess once I take them both for a drive that might help decide.

richardmayes, Jan 27, 10:05pm
A guy on a forum once told me the structure of the front end of the Swift is very flimsy, such that if you nudge something at as little as 8km/h you will start to crumple the front crumple zone, leading to enormous repair bills for panel work on the chassis machine if you have to pay for it yourself.

(Apparently with a lot of other similar cars, you would just clip on a new plastic bumper after this sort of incident and be merrily on your way again.)

.again, a guy on a forum (= some guy down the pub) once told me!

3tomany, Jan 27, 11:45pm
you have done an impressive job of putting me off ever buying a fiat by youre reconing they are 5k cheaper second hand than a japper but new they are 5k dearer to buy. so as i buy new that makes the devaluation on the fiat horrific

thejazzpianoma, Jan 28, 3:05am
You have done an impressive job of not thinking things through.
Did I say buy a new one! No
Do I ever say buy a new one ! No

Buying a car secondhand that has depreciated quickly to the point where it will hold its value for quite some time makes the most economic sense of all, in fact that's the whole point of what I am getting at!. So long as it has not depreciated quickly because of an inherent fault with the vehicle which is not the case here.

Also. did you stop to think that perhaps the Fiat hasn't actually the numbers look more sqewed because the Suzuki has actually depreciated less than the norm! Thats the real danger here because as soon as they go out of fashion they have a LONG way to drop. possibly quite quickly.

All thats happening in NZ is the whole trade has been brainwashed by those bringing in secondhand Japanese cars hand over fist and doing anything in their power to hock them off.

Its basic psychology/marketing. If you don't believe me stop and think for a moment why Fiats and a few other popular wee Euros are comparatively cheap in NZ. and ONLY in NZ.

There is also the issue with the useless Fiat importer who fails to do even basic advertising vs the very strong marketing and visual appeal of the Suzuki.

Anyone with half a brain can use that to their advantage and buy a much better car for a small fraction of the price. All they have to do is see through the loud rantings of those who can't cope with not blindly following the sheep in front of them.

jsbike, Jan 28, 3:21am
Baa.

phillip.weston, Jan 28, 3:29am
I'm growing sick of these threads now to the point where I stop reading them as soon as I see Jazz start posting.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 28, 3:31am
Well if people just let me say my bit and move on it would be fine. But no they have to challenge every little detail and say stupid things that I have to correct so the original poster has a straight story.

I can't believe the resistance to having the numbers pointed out, so people can see the massive premiums they pay for these "fashion items".

If they still want to buy one and pay the premium thats well and good but people should have a right to know when that massive premium exists.

For goodness sake people, posters are coming in here for advice on a VERY expensive purchase. Its unfair to make sport of discrediting the most economical options and pushing them into spending thousands more than they need to.

zirconium, Jan 28, 3:56am
I've been in the back of a Swift, one of 4 adults in the car. And i'm small and short. It was fortunately just a short trip (10km). Probably wouldn't have told the owners how uncomfortable it really was even if they had asked. My slimish 5'10" brother basically had to untangle himself to get out though. Not convinced about the "4 adults in comfort" story. The front people might have been ok. :) - Perhaps some of you are very flexible, and have a high tollerance of discomfort!

carstauranga001, Jan 28, 3:56am
Problem is jazz that you keep spouting this crap about Fiat being better than Jappas and that Jap importers are bullshitting the public for their own benefit. Well you won't convince this importer to sell Fiats. The facts are in the claim ratios of warranty companies such as Autosure. They have more statistics than you and cover more vehicles across NZ than any other. Why is a warranty for a European car more expensive to purchase and why is the excess higher. Simple, the claims ratio. More Euros, (Fiat Included) have more claims than any Japanese car, end of story. You can try and push Fiats barrow as long as you like but you won't win. You are on a one man crusade to promote this product and as long as you spout this crap you will have this debate. Why are you so surprised! I'm sure you will give a long winded reply trying to counter every thing I say buyt you are wasting your breath.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 28, 4:06am
Whats good for the dealer and good for the customer are often (but not always) entirely different things.

There is no money to be made selling Fiats because they are worth just as much as any other similar car in Japan and every other country that dosn't import used Japanese cars hand over fist.

I don't have any interest in trying to convince you to sell them. All I want is to tell people who are looking. Its in their best interests to know there are cheaper options. This is not a car sales yard as much as some might like it to be.

The importers are not bullshitting anyone, they are simply accentuating the positive of anything they import and of course they have no interest in promoting something they can't make any money on. Story's like the warranty claims one sound good and circulate like wild fire and are repeated often, its not in the dealers interest to bother checking if any of it actually holds water. Most of this happens by default by the way. Its not usually a conscious effort on the part of some bogyman car dealer.

Trouble is with all of this happening it takes hold and causes some models in particular tobe worth ridiculous amounts of money in this country. and this country only.

If you want proof that marketing and peer influence wins out over value, economy and technical superiority. just look at how popular the Prius is!

berg, Jan 28, 4:07am
Dealerships I have worked for along the way (only two places)
Holden
Subaru
Fiat
Lancia
Suzuki
Yugo
Isuzu
Mitsubishi
Mercedes
Jeep
Dodge
Chysler
Great Wall
Bedford
Vauxhall
Volvo
What I own. Holden Commodore and Suzuki Swift. The two most reliable of the lot in my opinion as a 25 year mechanic.
What wouldn't I own. pretty much most of the Euros.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 28, 4:10am
And who makes all Suzuki's diesel engines! Fiat do!

jsbike, Jan 28, 4:12am
is his swift diesel!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 28, 4:17am
Dosn't matter, Suzuki should maintain the same standards across the range.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 28, 4:21am
BTW the Suzuki SX4 was a joint Fiat/Suzuki venture as a whole car!

You can buy an SX4 with a Fiat badge in other countries.

berg, Jan 28, 4:24am
Did I say everything Holden or Suzuki made was totally reliable!
No, I said I own a Commonwhore (VZ 3.6 195kw V6) and a Suzuki Swift Sport. Both of which I consider to be more reliable, cheaper to maintain and easier to find dealers/parts than any of the Euros I have had to deal with. Yes I have dealt with the diesel Vitaras (properly more than you have) and I wouldn't own one. In saying that, I would no longer own a diesel in NZ as it is no longer a better option for me. Petrol is cheaper to run for the kms I do

jsbike, Jan 28, 4:27am
so how much is suzuki and how much is fiat of the sx4! maybe like a toyota cavalier but this time its a jap car with non jap badge!