Are Exide batteries OK!

Page 2 / 2
electromic, Dec 9, 8:01am
x1
Been using exide for twenty years cheap ones are crap, expensive ones great. 8 years on current exide ns70 in a diesel ute.

mechnificent, Dec 9, 8:11am
Yup, yuasa are bloody good.

mechnificent, Dec 9, 8:12am

kiwis0, Dec 9, 9:45am
Go to a auto electrician, but first have a read of this http://www.bcae1.com/charging.htm

bae13, Dec 9, 10:24am
Ha ha still waiting on the proof of century warranty returns,
Repco got a better deal from century that's why they sell them now,
I changed from yuasa (century ) to hcb purely because in my town no one else was a battery town agent(not that anyone else sold yuasa either ) but the battery's were just century. I think stick with the 4common brandsie. century, hcb, exide,supercharge(and all the sub brands they haveexcluding anything with a 6month warranty)All have nationwide outlets and warrantys

cjdnzl, Dec 9, 10:38am
I have always used Marshall batteries, go for years.Dearer but good.

n3d4sp3d, Dec 9, 6:35pm
at the end of the day you get what you pay for if you want to skimp on money you will get a crappy battery. we sell exide at work and have had no returns.

carmedic, Dec 9, 8:04pm
LOL
I wonder at what point this thread was actually dredged !

cuda.340, Dec 9, 8:08pm
x1
i have an Exide Orbital battery in my racecar. it's the only battery that lasts more than one season. i've spent some big money buying different batteries over the years but an Exide is one i'd put my name on.

kingfisher21, Dec 9, 8:51pm
x1
I'm with bigfatman on this one, Century are crap, we have a huge amount of comebacks with them, most don't even last a year or two, Exide, less than 1/10th the claims.

mk3zephyr, Dec 9, 9:09pm
as an aside i have about 12 old dead batteries lying about, anyone know roughly what they are worth as scrap!

scarey65, Dec 9, 9:36pm
a fortune
i sold 8 or 9 batts and got a hundred
scrap price has droppedi think it was 90 odd cents a kilo
but depends were you go , but well worth doing
i got over 1 doller a kilo in oct. but its changeable

unbeatabull, Dec 10, 2:50am
From experience, Exide and Century give the less problems. You always have the risk of getting a dud battery or a battery not lasting as long as it should, but Exide & Century I've found to be the two that give the least amount of trouble, and are also generally the closest to the stated CCA etc on there batteries.

drew2009, Dec 10, 5:22am
Hovers around 80c-$1 a kg at my local. I make sure the batteries are full of water to haha.

guest, Jan 9, 3:40am
century batteries are by far the superior battery, I work for Battery world and by far, century batteries last the longest. Do not believe any of the rubbish above, I am an auto electrician and know first hand. Marshall are made by exide and they are the worst of the australian made batteries. Toyota batteries are century batteries in disguise (that says something). I have seen a regular century battery last for 14 years! We stock mostly centuries as they are MUCH more friendly to deal with and it is ALWAYS next day delivery from the century warehouse. We go through about 10 century batteries at least a day, and get back 1 in every month or so, and this is usually due to faulty alternators. Century are owned by YUASA which is the leading battery manufacturers IN THE WORLD! that definately says something