Catalytic Converter. Ive got 96 suzuki escudo and just noticed this morning the light has came after going for a short drive and

dgriffnz, Jul 13, 8:02pm
I'm looking at getting extractors fitted to my 97 1.6 Escudo. Apparently the CC is being removed too. Thoughts on this please!

motorboy2011, Jul 13, 10:33pm
bingo. my old prelude used to do this when one of the spark plugs was starting to fail, not enough to feel any prob when driving though. Used ti get bloody hot too, used to heat up the metal gearstick too!

olsod2, Jul 13, 10:48pm
extractors fitted on my escudo cc removed.freeflows better for motor as they remove the heat away from the head.was a problem in earlier model 1600 heads cracking

paulie12, Dec 10, 3:16am
Ive got 96 Suzuki Escudo. And just noticed this morning the light has came. After going for a short drive and starting the car again the light etcthe has gone out. Then short time later came again. What would be the possible cause of that! Cheers

ema1, Dec 10, 3:24am
Possibly either a faulty catalytic converter (overheating) or a wire connector not secure or grounding somehow at the converter or loose terminal somewhere between or at the dash!
If the converter light shows regularly I'd suggest having a diagnostic check done at your Suzuki dealership and if that proves it to be at fault then have it replaced.

mugenb20b, Dec 10, 3:24am
Replace catalytic converter.

rkauto, Dec 10, 3:28am
ignition miss fire or simular.Cat overheating.

paulie12, Dec 10, 3:28am
yeh that what I wondered if it was a dodgee earth

paulie12, Dec 10, 3:29am
No it runs like a dream

monzaman, Sep 8, 9:46pm
Prob faulty cat temp sensor-common,dont replace cat convertor unless it rattles indecating it's internals are disintergrating and then can cause blockage,cat converters only overheat when raw fuel feds them due to misfire as already mentioned.