9kg lpg bottle
& a few other bits & bobs as needed

Whipped the top off the Lpg bottle this afternoon with the oxy/acet cutter
Took the tyre off the space saver rim

& then it RAINED

thejazzpianoma, Dec 12, 4:51am
This for running a Diesel vehicle on!
Would love to see some pics!
What sort of vehicle are you going to run it in!

saffa2, Dec 12, 4:52am
See, it's not an oil cleaner it's a rainmaker.

mrfxit, Dec 12, 4:53am
LMAO . bite me ya bugger

mrfxit, Dec 12, 4:59am
2.4 2L-T
Partly for .
Diesel fuel mix
Chainsaw lube
General lube
Mower sump
Etc etc

Won't be anything flash in the way of revs but do intend to simply leave it running for a few days.
Gearing will be a tricky thing to work out in combination with motor mounts etc.
Not sure yet where the hub belt pully will be mounted as it's only really been started getting the bits together in the last month & in 1 place today.

drew2009, Dec 12, 10:06pm
Hows this design all go together! Having trouble picturing it.

tortron, Dec 12, 10:15pm
About here, i cringed

morrisman1, Dec 13, 12:46am
best way to do it is to unscrew the valve, then just fill it up with water from the garden hose and drain it again. plurges all gas out and minimises any combustion risk

elect70, Dec 13, 1:20am
Would have though an oldwashing machine with a few mods woukld have been easier to make, get the sucker up to 1000 RPM

morrisman1, Dec 13, 1:32am
1000rpm is too slow to clean oil. 10,000rpm is more like it.

mrfxit, Dec 13, 2:20am
Even the factory built pro models only have a top speed of 6000rpm & thats for a continuious flow in/out single pass.

This will be sitting on approx 1400rpm & even at that I will have to be pretty reasonable about balance.
Still hunting up parts for the setup.
Got the parts as listed above but it's finding suitable drain pipes/taps & a suitable pully for under the tank, thats proving to be a bit harder around here.
Budget will be & needs to be just about zero for this jobby hunting up & using whats laying around here.

you know how it is, it's the little stuff that stuffs you up & consumes the time.
Was thinking of putting a drain pipe (with tap) through the bottom but balancing weights against size of pipe & trying to keep the whole tank as light as reasonable will be a challenge

mrfxit, Dec 13, 2:27am
Most dangerous part was while filing with water as it pushed the residue gas out, (you can SEE it clearly)
Left the hose running in it for about 2 hrs & tested the flow with a flame on a LONG stick.
Drained ONLY enough water to get below where I wanted to cut & whipped the top off ASAP.
I think where ppl get caught out is a combination of emptying the tank or letting it dry out (or both) before cutting & very possibly leaving the tap on the tank.
The hole in the tap simply isn't enough to be able to vent the tank properly or allow any residue gas to "flame out" without bursting the tank

mrfxit, Dec 13, 2:28am
I was WAITING for a bite . thank you ;-)
Took ya blimin time ;-(

marte, Dec 13, 3:50am
Couldn't you just jack one of your cars wheels up & mount it on the axle, since you are using a spacesaver tire rim anyway.

mrfxit, Dec 13, 5:04am
Ummm. D'OH, it don't work like that.

marte, Dec 13, 5:11am
I'd love to see it happen though.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 13, 5:48am
Will that work!
(not meaning to knock it, I think you are doing a great thing)
I just thought that you needed a certain amount of revs to achieve correct separation and time wouldn't necessarily help that much. no expert though!

mrfxit, Dec 13, 5:54am
Any separation is a lot better then none depending on what it gets used for

m16d, Dec 13, 5:57am
Yer could just go to supercheap and buy some new oil and chuck the old black stuff away.

intrade, Dec 13, 6:10am
yoi will need a lip un top or the stuff will fly out the top and the crap with it. i was thinking to make one my self before i purchased one but by the time i would have made one whom may not even work right after i would have spent at least 700$ also dont forget it has to be in balance or it will cause problems taking off and all sorts fibration and motrshaft damage you name it.

intrade, Dec 13, 6:13am
a guy made a woden one that worked reasenable well with lip and all was on youtube. see the lip that is needed and that is the hard part to get that lip the thing has to be 1 peace
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=gKQK5cYin2Q

mrfxit, Dec 13, 6:18am
Part of the reason for keeping the revs down on THIS project is for that very reason "vibration".
If it works ok & I can't really see why not, then I will do the next 1 via an engineers shop/ lathe to "true" the parts correctly,
Should be able to UP the rev's a little at that stage.

It's more of a "proof of concept" sort of project & with the current costings, will be fine if I can at least use the oil in the chainsaw / mower & oil can

kevymtnz, Dec 13, 6:40am

intrade, Dec 13, 8:56am
you should try to run your car on plastic bottles like ths guy from walnut labs lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=LhIRm20WKv4

marte, Dec 14, 4:54am
I made some of that a while ago, quite surprised how well it works.,
Just used a old gas bottle crammed with plastic coated wire & welded a long metal onto it & set a fire underneath.
The tube wasn't long enough (cold enough) & still let out some gas, so I got about 50mls of light clear liquid that is very flammable & a bit smokey.