Restricted License. Hey everyone just curious about a few things with getting my restricted permit i am a good and sensible driv

tntwoon, Feb 3, 11:25am
Hey everyone, just curious about a few things with getting my Restricted Permit, I am a good and sensible driver, just not 100% confident with driving, when you take a Restricted test I heard they ask you to perform a 3 point turn and Parallel Park, is there anything else they watch out for! Also are there any decent places around Palmerston North/Feilding area you can recommend! Thanks : )

kaymay88, Feb 3, 11:47am
if you arent 100% confident yet, then my recommendation is do NOT book your restricted yet. would be bad if you failed, but worse if they let you pass when you werent confident, that could have realy bad repercussions.

Keep practising. practice all the things you arent good at. Book some lessons with a proper instructor, family are halpfull and all, but they do pass on their own bad driving habbits - just because theyve never had an accident, doesnt mean they arent a shit driver. You stand a better chance of being taught properly by a qualified instructor. Dont rush it.

pollymay, Feb 3, 11:51am
My instructor was a twat and I ignored her.

1grasshopper, Feb 4, 3:32am
I did mine ages ago, but we didn't have to parallel park, had to change lanes on a 2 lane road, 3 point turn and a hill start.

Agree with above tho, if you aren't confident don't book your test yet because it is expensive if you fail and have to rebook

bitsy_boffin, Feb 4, 3:50am
Get hold of an AA driving instructor, book an hours lesson.If nothing else it will give an opportunity for a no-stress critique on your driving.

bendean, Mar 8, 9:15pm
are you uncofident or just nervous