DIESIL ENGINE HELP

Page 1 / 2
fishfun, Feb 5, 8:38am
Isuzu Wizard 2000 3.0
HAS NOT BEEN RUNNING TO GOOD.
SENT IT AWAY TO GET LOOK AT IT SEEMS TO MIS AT LOW REVS
AND SEEMS TO RUN FINE WHEN DOING 100KS
THIS WAS THE FINDINGS FROM THE MECANIC.

CHECK FOR ENGINE SURGING REPLACE RAIL PRESSURE SENSOR AND WIRING LOOM FAULT STILL PRESENT SWAP INJECTORS FOR 2ND HAND SET STILL PRESENT GO THROUGH DIAGNOSIS SPEAK TO TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE IN AUSSIE REPLACE RAIL PRESSURE CONTROL VALVE FIND RAIL PRESSURE NOW STABLE BUT SURGE STILL EXISTS TALK TO AUSSIE AGAIN BEEN GIVEN FURTHER TESTS TO DO ALL PROVING NEGATIVE.

THIS JUST COST ME $1,221.30 FOR NO RESULTS
WOULD SOME ONE HAVE AN IDEATO WHAT IT COULD BE
OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTION.

HERE IS A LINK TO A VIDEO OF THE MOTOR RUNNING IT MY HELP
SOME ONE SOLVE THIS DAM PROBLEM. P.O.S
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=87NMapeTY4I

supertech1, Feb 5, 8:49am
Basics covered I see.Usually is wiring loom etc.Seems to have lung down!does it!

fishfun, Feb 5, 8:55am
THEY DID A COMPRESSION TEST THEY WERE ALL AT 400

ginga4lyfe, Feb 5, 9:03am
CAN YOU PLEASE SWITCH OFF CAPS. i just got a head ache from all the caps yelling -_-"

fishfun, Feb 5, 9:12am
THANKS FOR YOUR help

franc123, Feb 5, 9:14am
YOU DO REALISE YOU OWN THE BIGGEST DOG OF A DIESEL ENGINE MANUFACTURED IN RECENT TIMES AND IT WAS INCREDIBLY FOOLISH TO BUY ONE.HOLDEN/ISUZU ARE FULLY AWARE THAT IT IS AN ABORTION OF A DESIGN THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE MADE IT OFF THE DRAWING BOARD AND HAVE RECALLED THEM FOR PROBLEMS, ONE OF WHICH IS INTERNAL DIESEL LEAKAGE WHICH LEADS TO A CONDITION WHERE THE ENGINE SELF DESTRUCTS.AS PER USUAL SUCH RUBBISH ENDS UP IN NZ AT VERY CHEAP PRICES BECAUSE THE JAPS DONT WANT THEM.GET RID OF IT WHILE YOU HAVE GOT OFF LIGHTLY WITH ONLY A $1200 BILL SO FAR IT WILL ONLY COST YOU A LOT MORE IN THE FUTURE!

mechnificent, Feb 5, 9:56am
The mechanic should have known to recalibrate the new injectors. time for a new mechanic would be my suggestion.

carmedic, Feb 5, 10:00am
The main problems with these heaps of shit (4JX1) are??

carmedic, Feb 5, 10:21am
Good point, but would they would have done that! Maybe not!
If I remember correctly its just a case of entering the new injector numbers into the ECU using a Tec2.
In fact have they even checked for codes!

intrade, Feb 5, 11:21am
could be allsorts , faulty egr burned valve timing out .with them electronic crap it is a nightmare to find some faults when there is no obvious fault codes logged.! any smoke out the exhaust!

chris_051, Feb 5, 11:23am
Is the correct expensive synthetic oil in it!

franc123, Feb 5, 8:33pm
Thats why I said in recent times :)At least the RF had a more conventional fuel system, again still a dog that shouldn't have made it out of the concept stage and caused financial meltdown for nearly everybody that got involved with them.These 4JX1's seem to be prone to turbo failure as well just to add to its other dramas.

supertech1, Feb 5, 8:34pm
"RF" Oh the "mamories"

fishfun, Feb 5, 8:36pm
Cap lock off.The people that do the serves know to put the right oil in it.
What do you mean when you say is it making its own oil.
It dose blow black smokewhen you give it a good revs and drive off
When you first start it.
It seems to start OK from cold.
Next service is on the 14/4/11. Or at 232,200
Lights on the dash that has just come on
Since we have had it back check TOD (sorry about the caps ;-)
and check engine
I did note that there was oil leaking from the oil filter
Or from the sump pan would this affect the running
Of it.

No onetold us that Isuzu Wizard 2000
were heaps of shit when we bought it.

mechnificent, Feb 5, 9:03pm
"No one told us that Isuzu Wizard 2000
were heaps of shit when we bought it.".

They probably forgot to mention it.

intrade, Feb 5, 10:36pm
I have done no research on these engines but if the engine is a design fault then it will never run right for long . you then got 2 options.
1 sell it at a loss to get rid of it.
or
2 drive it till its undrivable then remove the engine and fit a other engine that is more reliable.
I done the numer 2 to my 91 hilux 2.4 turbodiesel-
dumped the lump of scrap and fitted a 2.2 from 1982 its gutless as hell but will still be going when the restof the thing has gone up in dust.

carmedic, Feb 5, 11:25pm
They never do mate!

By the way that white sticker on the black plastic cover over the rocker cover on your engine means the injector and loom recall has already been done.

fishfun, Feb 6, 12:09am
its The filter that sits by the sump.
just had a look at oil level and its 2-3mm above the hi mark
where would the other filter be!

the guy that dose the serving told us never to fill it
up past the hi make to always have it in the middle.
we have never put oil in it. it has never needed topping up.
it has been in for its recall.
would letting some of the oil out do en

mechnificent, Feb 6, 1:52am
Letting oil out won't do any good.

If they fitted new/second-hand injectors then it needs to go to the dealer to have the injectors recalibrated with the tec2 tool that Carmedic is mentioning. Then, while it's on the tec2 they will do checks and be able to tell you what is wrong. they can check the fuel and oil pressures, the compressions, the injectors and all the various sensors.

fishfun, Feb 6, 2:33am
As far as I know they did all that I'll have to pH them back find out.
They did say it ran OK when they turned up the oil pressure but you can not run it at that pressure.
So going back to oil pickup seals (in the sump) would that make it run like that I do not no if it has be done
I would say not.

mechnificent, Feb 6, 3:37am
Possibly, but I think it causes hard cold starts first.
The tec2 tool can check the oil pressures though, it can check everything. If they have the tool it should tell them what is wrong, or give them readings so they can figure what is wrong.

You need to know they have had it on the tool and that they are competent to interperate the figures and circumstances it shows.

dave170, Feb 6, 4:55am
Is a tec2 tool something that they hook up to the cars computer
To find what the problem is! If yes then they did that I don't no all of the out come Of the results but they could not find the fault that's why they phonedAussie for help. So they don't no what's wrong with it

carmedic, Feb 6, 5:22am
Unless ???they??

fishfun, Feb 6, 6:09am
it was done by a Holden dealer
don't know what the fault code was
where is the small pump filter is it the one by the sump!
i think i'll do that put new oil in and filtersan pickup.
and if that don't work i'm going to put a brick on the Excelerator.
thanks

carmedic, Feb 6, 6:16am
Ok if it was a Holden dealer they would have been using Tech2 and will know to enter injector numbers (I hope).
The pump filter is on the passenger side slightly higher up it??