Ford falcon xd and xe

xc-coon, Feb 6, 6:33am
Are the wing mirrors for a ford falcon xd the same as the wing mirrors for an xe!

myjg33, Feb 6, 6:34am
yep,xf slightly different but all are interchangable

1fordluva, Feb 6, 6:35am
Be more worried about door handles lol and the price lol

fordcrzy, Feb 6, 6:38am
yes xd/xe the same and Xf had very slightly different mounting holes to fit the adjusters. Door handles are actually very reasonilbly priced from aussie ford dealers.($60 from memory)

xc-coon, Feb 6, 6:45am
Thanks guys. Bless Henry for interchangable parts.

sudsy99, Feb 6, 6:52am
I used to use Mk V Cortina doorhandles on my XE, they were an aftermarket, probably chinese, knockoff.

xc-coon, Feb 6, 6:52am
What if I want to change from XF to XE. I know I need front guards, bonnet, head lights, indicators, bumper and grill (which I have), but what about the arse end! I have just purchased the rear bumper and tail lights but am yet to pick them up. Will it be a straight repacement with my XF bumper and tail lights!

fordcrzy, Feb 6, 6:59am
i'm pretty sure tail lights are different. the rounding of the wings and bootlid are different. unless you want to change the whole ass end sheet metal.it's been years since i looked at that though.

dr_blueoval, Feb 6, 7:04am
I have used the genuine UK sourced ones from Mk4/5's, with a slight modification they fit straight in, they also provide a much nicer opening action.Being made of a different material, they are far stronger than the factory Australian OR the aftermarket Asian replacements.With some people it sometimes takes several broken handles to realise that too much stress on the striker/latch caused by sagging doors/worn hinge pins/bad adjustment is the reason they break in the first place.

fordgod, Feb 6, 7:11am
Rear bumper will go straight on although the XF rear bumper had an extension on each rear guard whereas the XE didnt, so there will be 2 bolt holes on each rear guard exposed. And yes, XE taillights wont fit unless you modify rear panel. Cheers, Brendon

fordgod, Mar 18, 7:40am
XE's also had a extra plastic trim between the bumper and taillight also.