Another Bill ! Air Con !

chutneyman, Feb 11, 4:43am
Just spent $$ on a cambelt change,service,tyres etc, and now Aircon not getting cold. I cant here the compressor thingy doing its cutting in and outthingy !
It was re gassed last year,not used a heck of a lot so I think the gas would be ok !Oh, its a 92 Corolla Levin
Any ideas please,

a18a, Feb 11, 4:44am
They might have forgotten to reconnect the clutch!

chutneyman, Feb 11, 4:51am
clutch for !Its a auto . Wifes car !

sue344, Feb 11, 4:52am
bahahahahaha

unbeatabull, Feb 11, 4:58am
The Air Con pump has a clutch on it that engages and disengages the pump when you push that lil Air Con Button on ya dash :)

im_andrew, Feb 11, 5:02am
re-gassing (over-gassing) is a pretty half arsed way of fixing a fault in an air con system. Id say your getting high pressure cutout because your tx valve was/is blocked.

Im not an aircon tech. I went on a 1 day air con course with thermo-king about 6 months ago, its all pretty blurry.

lookoutas, Feb 11, 5:14am
Check ya gas - it might have leaked out. Clutch won't engage if the pressures gone.
Have a look at the little glass sighter while the engines running. You should be able to see bubbles.
Or remove one of the caps in the line and push the valve down with a screwdriver. If there's gas in there it will hiss. Keep your eyes clear.

vtecnet, Apr 5, 3:44pm
The cars 19 years old, so it was doing well to be working anyway. although my 20 year old Honda Poolude still has working a/c. but the other day it played up a bit and was cold for a while. then it was like the Compressor turned off for a while then came back on. hehe