Air con Cool but not cold

dbolton, Jan 12, 8:41pm
Looks probable that it needs a top up. Any reasonable priced Guys in Tauranga or Rotorua that would do it and cost. One quote from a Mobile based guy wants $320 which I feel is high. but living in a rural town no-one does it so need to travel. Car is 2002 Mondeo. Overseas one can by DIY refills but haven't seen them about

richard198, Jan 12, 8:45pm
Most cars are $150 minimum for a re-gas.

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 12, 10:49pm
A regas alone may not help. Perhaps the mobile guy realises this. You need to compare apples with apples.

intrade, Jan 12, 11:14pm
aircon are not cheap to service and not servicing it is going to cost even more . so i never had a car with aircon my self due to that fact and that i dont wish to pay for it.

cuda.340, Jan 12, 11:33pm
i do straight top ups for $75 but you gotta be in jafaland.

mugenb20b, Jan 12, 11:40pm
Intrade, you don't know what you are missing. BUY a car with A/C next time, you'll love it. If it fails one day, so be it

dbolton, Jan 12, 11:44pm
At that rate it would be a cheap option for a trip to your place

kazbanz, Jan 13, 12:24am
Dbolton --I would put money that the "local guy" has allowed to replace the seals in the ac rather than a simple top up.

db.price, Jan 13, 12:24am
The amount of times that AC units fail is pretty limited and as most cars have AC now you dont actually pay for anything.We just bought a new car and unlike years ago there is no option NOT to have AC.

OP - you will likely find the reason you need a top up is because there is a leak somewhere.Just refilling it may be an expensive option overall - best to get it fully checked out.

richard198, Jan 13, 1:12am
Pukekohe!

mugenb20b, Jan 13, 4:58am
If it's a small leak, that takes a year or two to leak out, then it's not an issue. If you lose ALL your gas within days, then yes, it's a waste of time.

dbolton, Jan 13, 10:50pm
Finally got it checked and topped up for a very reasonable cost of 62.50.He checked it over and he said everything was fine and that it probably not been done since new

unbeatabull, Jan 13, 10:52pm
We are starting to get a lot of this era Mondeo's that just need a re-gas due to their age. We do get a few condensers starting to leak on them but usually due to something hitting them and wiping them out.

cuda.340, Jan 13, 11:23pm
close Drury