When a car sits for 7 months do I change the Oil!

Page 2 / 2
farnortherner, Aug 12, 1:31am
hes had it for 6 years and going to find it hard to part with having it for that long, I know I shed a tear when my toyota mark II gr turbo Grande Diesel car got sold and I had it for9 years.

farnortherner, Aug 12, 1:33am
Ok Will get the oil and filter changed, I really dont wana stuff this car up, he says that doesnt use water and doesnt use oil. How many ks before I do the oil and filter and how often do you put coolant in radiator please. These are the main things I have to know, anymore please let me know.

kazbanz, Aug 12, 1:41am
If it was me I would check the oil LEVEL is ok. Check the tyre pressures and take it for a good ol strop. Get the sucker hot (operating temperature) for at least half an hour. Get it back on the ramps and dump the oil right away. Go inside and have a nice long lunchbreak.New filter and oil and you are good to go (oil wise)
If it was me I'd then let her cool right down and check the color of the coolant. I'd check the air filter see if its ok and probably toss a new set of plugs in her

farnortherner, Aug 12, 1:44am
How do you know to check the coolant, and what do you look for on the air filter, and do you mean spark plugs!

farnortherner, Aug 12, 1:49am
I mean I know what color the coolant is, what color shouldnt it be!

farnortherner, Apr 6, 7:56am
Ok He just rung me and it passed the warrant of fitness with flying colors oil change was done 2000kms ago so he said dont need it at the moment, spark plugs done at 2000kms ago as well when its last service was done, Told me it drives like a new car. And Im so so happy about that. Cant wait for Saturday to get me my Ford, yaye, I feel so grateful. Now I can make it to pain clinic to manage my chronic pain. Yaye.