Oil Filter for CRX

lugee, Feb 12, 7:51am
I am looking for an oil filter for my 1988 Honda CRX but aren't having much luck. Anyone know of a place that sells suitable good quality filters in Christchurch! I also understand that I need a filter with an anti drain back valve.

audi_s_ate, Feb 12, 7:54am
I'm sure honda would sell them. Last one I brought there was $22.

m16d, Feb 12, 8:00am
Crikey mate. Repco.

franc123, Feb 12, 8:13am
We have three SCA's, about half a dozen Repco's in Chch alone and a number of independents like Butlers that are almost all open all weekend and you couldn't find a filter!Go to the nearest one and ask for a Z148X, its an incredibly common one, even The Warehouse might even have the equivalent on the shelf.

therafter1, Feb 12, 8:19am
R148X is probably the one.

http://www.ryco.co.nz/Default.aspx

lugee, Feb 12, 8:49am
Yeah but do these cheapo generic oil filters have the same features and quality as the Honda OEM! Namely the anti drain-back valve!

therafter1, Feb 12, 8:53am
Well get one from ruddy Honda then !

And if you looked in that link I gave you, you would see that they DO have anti drain back !

sw20, Feb 12, 9:00am
Go to Honda and buy one. Stop being a jew.

franc123, Feb 12, 9:01am
Oh for goodness sake its a 23yo Jap car, not a brand new Ferrari, trust me your engine isn't going to care whether its fitted with a genuine or a Ryco or a Group7 or a Fram or whatever.If you want to spend the $ at the dealer when they are open next week, nobody's stopping you.Good night.

lugee, Feb 12, 9:20am
The hostility in this thread is disappointing

pandai, Feb 12, 9:26am
Did you sort out the PCV and main relay!

vtecnet, Feb 12, 9:27am
I just used a cheap repco one in my CRX with turbo kit, in CHCH also, had no issues, cars been running 200whp for 5 years and hasn't blown up using cheap filters. But honda do sell geniune ones if your bothered

andrea_w, Feb 12, 9:29am
The hostility received is directly proportional to the stupidity/tightness/lack of common sense etc displayed by the OP

lugee, Feb 12, 9:31am
Yeah sorted out the PCV valve, soaked it in alcohol several times and had a wee scrape around in it to loosen up the crap. Also checked the lines to the throttle body and the breather box.

Main relay is somewhere on my list of things to do, perhaps on a day when I have a few hours free and I am feeling particulary flexible. I'jj just resolder the PCB; should be OK since its a pretty intermittent problem.

vtecnet, Feb 12, 9:32am
www.nzhondas.co.nz Join the Forum, you will find people quite helpful on there usually.

vtecnet, Apr 9, 5:57pm
Yeah Re-Soldering it worked for me on my car, problem hasn't come back since, common issue with the Accords, Preludes, etc