Mechanic - Invercargill PLEEASE!

ladyjet1, Feb 13, 9:22am
Hey, I'm wondering if anyone will give me a hand to finish fixing the brakes on my 77 classic mini.It's my pride and joy, that I have been restoring myself, and now it's time for it to go in for panel and paint.A wheel cylinder has been replaced that was leaking, but the brakes still won't bleed up.I've taken off master cylinder that doesn't look "that" old, but haven't dismantled because I don't know what I'm looking for as far as wear goes. (I'm female after all!)I am happy to pay someone to help me, just not $80 an hour like workshops charge!I'm a single Mum that just wants her wee car back on the road. :-(Surely, there is a mechanic out there that does a few backyard jobs. help pleeeeesetxt me on 0274502889 - I'd be so grateful.

ladyjet1, Feb 13, 10:40am
Yes, I was, and unfortunately he seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet, after leaving me with the instructions to remove the master cylinder. I hope nothing has happened to him, and I'd like to be able to pay him for his time, but can't make contact.now I really need to move and get this car into the paint n panel so need help!Obviously that won't be you offering when you are in the north island.

nathanmac, Feb 13, 11:24am
Brakes aren't really something you want to muck around with, it may be worthwhile taking it in even just to get assessed by someone reputable who knows. Also how long will it be away at the panel beaters!If it's going to be months, it might pay to leave the brakes until after you get the car back!

ladyjet1, Feb 13, 11:36am
Mini's are generally pretty basic, I am looking for someone who "knows", all the drums and shoes etc have been checked, it's not hydrolastic suspension.I need it done prior to going in to panel and paint, and if someone is going to take months to panel and paint it they won't be getting the job!

nathanmac, Feb 13, 12:02pm
As in the previous thread, you might find someone from the local Mini club (if there is one) pretty helpful.Most club members are happy to help keep cars on the road.We've just finished a Morris Minor, and joing the club for contacts was one of the best things we did.

ladyjet1, Apr 14, 6:11pm
Do you have a contact name! I did google for a contact but didn't come up with anything closer than Dunedin.