Bathurst race advice please

paul271, Apr 14, 8:56am
Hi all, me and a mate are going to Bathurst this year hopefully. Has anyone got any recomendations on a nice place to stay in or around Bathurst! We will take a rental car up from Sydney, so doesnt have to be walking distance from the track.

cuda.340, Apr 14, 10:04am
i understand you can rent #5 Conrod Straight. i've had friends rent it in the past.

fordcrzy, Apr 14, 9:46pm
good luck with that one mate. accomodation is booked a year in advance and the line out the gate is about 2 hours long.it would be quicker to walk from bathurst to the track than take the car.probably free buses to the track from town too.
Ive been many times.take clothing for 40 degrees and for ZERO degrees. if its sunny,its hot if it rains it's cold and at night BLARDY COLD. we camped at the campground at the bottom of the mountain and its an experience thats for sure.if you google bathurst camp ground you'll find some links or maybe from the v8 supercar site.may be cheaper to rent a small camper from one of the smaller rental firms. (not avis hertz etc) as the small rentals are about half the price of the big boys.

lookoutas, Apr 15, 5:54am
Camper from Sydney is the way to go. You've got ya wheels and bed all in one. We stopped at Katoomba on the way, and camped on the top of the Mountain for the race. (The McPhillamy end). It was great - we cranked up and headed into Bathurst for the night-life. All the Aussies there were fantastic pricks, and some even went into town with us.

paul271, Apr 16, 3:41am
Hmmm, like that idea. Will see if we can find a decent size camper for the weekend to go up in.

zephyrheaven, Apr 16, 8:40am
take enough cash to buy warm clothes & bank on it being sunny
Me & NZTOOLS went in 06 & bought all the Fords home 1/2/3 - great holiday, we stayed at Penrith & travelled on a cool train thru the Blue Mountains each day - was fantastic

jkm, Dec 26, 7:46pm
So can any one else add some more updates.
Do they run trains from Sydney to Bathurst! Quite like the camper van idea.
My wife is going to shout me but she doesnt do camping, as in a tent. I sure we will have to tack a couple of days shopping on the end as well.

mokaubach, Dec 26, 7:52pm
Contact the Bathurst PRO, they have a list of various places from Hotels to Bed & Breakfasts.

mrcat1, Dec 26, 9:36pm
Yes, they have a great train service over there, i normally stay with wifes cousins in Orange and just travel over, about 50 minutes from Orange. You could also try Orange, Lithgow, Mudgee, Milthorp, Katoomba oreven Dubbo but a bit of travelling for accomodation, as others have said very full at that time of year.