Rusting car advice please

_roxxra_, Jan 29, 9:57am
Just bought a 92 Honda Prelude, works well, very cheap. But am wanting to know what to do about the rust. There is rust on the passenger REAR Fender, which is getting pretty bad. but apparently its useless to grind it down if its already made a hole through the metal. So do i get another fender from the wreckers! If so, how much will it cost to replace! its a pretty big job, but am a student, so cant spare much cash. If there is another cheaper method to removing the rust without replacing the fender that would be even better. Am in Palmy if that makes any difference

dcm_landscaping, Jan 29, 10:00am
I have a 92 Honda Pelude as well, they are prone to rust, especially around the sunroof.
The only way you could repair the rust without replacing the fender is if you took it to someone who could weld a patch in place of the rust. Basically cut the rust out and weld a patch in.

intrade, Jan 29, 10:03am
these are paper thin. You be finding loads more holes i welded one of these and its so thin metal i bashed the dents out with my fist . i would say rear fender is part of the car and cant be removed dont know what model you got but sounds like a rotten heap.

_roxxra_, Jan 29, 10:06am
Sounds, good, how much would that be around about, per hole! have two holes about 3cm square max

elect70, Jan 30, 3:14am
sand it downapply rust killerprime it , if its big holeput fibreglass mat & resin over it ,bog itsand it & get spray can of paint .Pro repair would cost way more than car is worth .

dcm_landscaping, Jan 31, 4:36am
Sorry couldn't tell you how much as I get a friend to do all my rust repairs. so it costs me either a box of beers or a 40oz bottle of vodka for his mrs