Please don't hurt me (female needs advice)

hsvbabee, Feb 15, 3:57am
I have a VT Commodore which is making a thumping noise when turning from being stopped. The noise sounds like it is coming from the front left. I guess this is bad, but can't get in to see my mechanic until Friday.

ginga4lyfe, Feb 15, 3:59am
get a ford then.

hsvbabee, Feb 15, 4:02am
Why! Are you telling me Fords never need repairs!

jasongroves, Feb 15, 4:06am
Does it only make the noise when turning!

hsvbabee, Feb 15, 4:06am
Yes it does, only when turning.

jasongroves, Feb 15, 4:09am
Odd. Could be a number of things, but first, have a good look inside the wheel arch to make sure nothing has come loose (like the guard liner) and is rubbing on the wheel etc.

typhoon666, Feb 15, 4:09am
It might need power steer fluid maybe

jasongroves, Feb 15, 4:10am

hsvbabee, Feb 15, 4:11am
All fluids were done 5000km ago, would I use that much power steering fluid!

jasongroves, Feb 15, 4:11am
Thats obviously for the VY but could be helpful all the same.

hsvbabee, Feb 15, 4:13am
Thank you Jason, so it is not life threatening and the car and I will be fine until Friday then!

jasongroves, Feb 15, 4:15am
Hard to say.could be a bearing on its way out.

jasongroves, Feb 15, 4:16am
Or a suspension bush.might pay to get it checked out sooner rather than later, even if you have to use a different mechanic.

hsvbabee, Feb 15, 4:16am
Hmmm will call in and have a chat to my mechanic in the morning, as I have over 100 km to travel on Thursday and don't want to end up stranded somewhere or dead.

jasongroves, Feb 15, 4:17am

lookoutas, Feb 15, 4:29am
I'm Ford to the core - but that's just being an unhelpful dork ginga.

Check your wheel nuts. But getthe rest checked out soon.

franc123, Feb 15, 4:33am
The outer sway bar links were notorious for clunking and banging on Commodores of that era, an aftermarket upgrade kit and new bushes is available to sort them, although normally if its that problem it will do it when driving as well, when the suspension is being worked.I've also seen lower control arm mount bolts work loose on those.

nz2293, Apr 21, 4:07pm
ok going to seem weird but haveyou had new tyres fitted holdens have a bad habit of the tyres hitting shock tower if so will sound like spring turning in shock