Sirius Dash Engine - Philip Weston

jonowootton, Jan 1, 7:36pm
Ok next question. Does anyone know if you can get the two injectors in the throttle body reconditioned! I believe that they may be leaking as the engine is flooding itself a little on a warm startup!

phillip.weston, Jan 2, 3:07am
I have two sets of injectors you could perhaps borrow to test. though chances are they may be in the same condition as yours - one set have been sitting for nearly 10 years, the other about 5.

jonowootton, Dec 29, 7:13am
Just had the engine fully rebuilt and plugged everything back in and now we cannot get the engine to start. There is spark, fuel pump is going good there appears to be no power to the injectors from the ECU. But it was all working fine before we rebuilt the engine. Basically just unplugged everything and plugged it back in for the build. I am suspecting the Optical Distributor positioning!

mike107, Dec 29, 9:20pm
Can you get a fault code!

mike107, Dec 29, 9:48pm
The fault code plug is under lash, Take out glove box and it is in there in Sigma Turbo modeld. Use a test light. Flashes out codes.

mike107, Dec 29, 9:48pm
Under Dash, not lash!

phillip.weston, Dec 30, 2:33am
yeah I would be checking the basics like distributor timing and all the connectors.

How come you had the engine rebuilt! it has relatively low kms doesn't it!

jonowootton, Dec 30, 4:17am
Got engine started. Ended up being the knock sensor. Strange. Got engine rebuilt as it was smoking ended up needing rings and valve stem seals.

mike107, Dec 30, 7:05am
I use to take off my shoe and Hit the E101 Knock box on the fire wall with it!

jonowootton, Dec 30, 10:47am
Air Con Circuit was working good before rebuild but now is not altering idle speed, turning air con clutch or fan on. I can hear a faint click of a relay in the dash on RH side when I engage the Air Con Button. Any guesses! Fuses all good.