Just this week, been using our fully electric car

Page 2 / 2
donz01, Feb 14, 9:20am
Electric buses have been running around Christchurch inner city for over 10 years and have done thousands of Ks. Batteries have come a long way since they were built. They only had 28 batteries when they were built. Now days bigger and heavier buses run very well on only 12 batteries which are so much more advanced than old lead acid deep cycle batteries. Batteries will only get better as more vehicles become electric.

morrisman1, Feb 14, 9:41am
they have gas turbine engines from what Ive seen, I assume that runs a big generator which supplies a battery bank (as a buffer) and electric motors drive the wheels

3tomany, Feb 14, 7:46pm
howcome i didnt know about this, was it top secret until launch

1fordluva, Feb 14, 11:27pm
I knew about it,just didnt know when they were going use it lol

elect70, Feb 15, 3:53am
Chuck a cheapoportable geny in the boot & register it as a hybrid , then take it out , & use batteries ,just pay normal rego fee

3tomany, Feb 15, 5:09am
fish i can lend you my genset but you will have to get it goin first lol

1fordluva, Feb 16, 9:01am
Can just imagine the commentary when it starts to go flat."she breaking up jim.I canny hold her at warp any longer cappin" lol good stuff fish.

tuttyclan, Feb 16, 9:35am
intrade wrote:

the guy is on youtube . he scrapped it the mitsu$hitti faild wof on structural rust .[/quote
Here it is very interesting.
]http://www.youtube.com/watch!-
v=83_Zig2vZlQ

tuttyclan, Feb 16, 9:36am

neville48, Feb 16, 9:57am
general motors have just purchased a rather large battery producer in the states,rumour has it the company is working/produced a super lightweight battery of high performance, watch that space i guess. Also if you drive an electric car in the USA you are allowed to fill for free at any govt generating plant in USA and i think most of them are govt owned.

foxdonut, Apr 26, 2:43am
I want to see Toyota build this: http://www.supercars.net/cars/2932.html instead of another shitty revision of the largely useless Prius.

Word on the playground a while back was that Porsche were going to go ahead with the 918 which may get things moving for a proper sports hybrid, since Fisker and Tesla Motors are still dragging their heels we may even see one here.