Euro vs japanese, vs american, vs aussy, vs .

friendly_prawn, Dec 30, 9:09pm
Please vote if you had to decide on what to buy and what not to buy by the origin of manufacture. Yes I know, there are lots of cross breeds these days. But using make as a basic guide. What choices would you make. Im talking more about cars in a realistic price range for the average person. Obviously not super cars.

I'll start.
Best -Aussy, followed closey by Japanese.
Worst _ European.

Anyone else!

00basil00, Dec 30, 9:24pm
Euro for me

friendly_prawn, Dec 30, 9:27pm
yes, but you forgot to mention most liked.

chris_051, Dec 30, 9:27pm
Euro and Aussie

danni_2254, Dec 30, 9:27pm
Japan for cars
Austria for bikes

bmwnz, Dec 30, 9:28pm
Having owned cars from many major countries, I would no longer consider USA in my preference list. I'm not frightened about European, Japanese or Korean, although UK cars do tend to make me nervous. Ozzie - maybe if I was hard put to find anything else suitable.

The rider to all of this is that I tend to judge every car according to my needs and desires at the time, so anything is fair game, depending on the day.

kazbanz, Dec 30, 9:37pm
Nope FPI can't do it. There is no one size fits all reply to your question.
Sorry dude.

socram, Dec 30, 9:40pm
I only buy European thse days anyway.They drive better.In fact, I only buy really Brit ones as I have never had a bad one yet, used or new.
Japs are usually too bland.

mugenb20b, Dec 30, 9:47pm
The best overall - Japanese.
The worst overall - American.
However I wouldn't recommend certain makes of cars to some people. There are cars from Europe and Asia that I would avoid like the plague.

friendly_prawn, Dec 30, 9:50pm
haha, no worries. Of course there are people out there like your self that dont have prejudices and I'm not silly enough to believe my thoughts are from any thing factual. My personal choices are just my perception. cheers Kaz

mugenb20b, Dec 30, 9:51pm
Really! I've owned one and only British car, had good power and on road manners, was practical, I loved it in fact. I kind of regret selling it, even though it's the only car that's given me nothing but trouble. I did in the end fix everything, and is still on the road today. On the other hand I've had 24 Japanese cars which were all faultless, only maintenance items needed replacing.

grangies, Dec 30, 10:13pm
Starting from best to worst for my picks.

-German
-Japanese
-Australian
-American (USA)

moosie_21, Dec 30, 10:25pm
Scotty2001:
Favourite: Australian V6's with an automatic gearbox, because 0-100 in 8 seconds is way cool.

Worst: Thai Accords, because I'm a closet racist and because "untermenschen" could never build anything as quality as us white folk. And I could never admit that the Accord could go just as fast around a track as any S/C V8 I keep frapping about in my dreams.

likit, Dec 31, 3:16am
Ask the 5 survivors in the Commodore their favorite car.2 out of 2 dead in the Honda,5 from 5 survive in the Commodore.

socram, Dec 31, 3:33am
Which only goes to show that 100% reliability isn't the only criteria!If you get a good one, then it is a double bonus and I suppose I have either been very lucky (new vehicles) or chosen well (secondhand or 25th hand.)

trdbzr, Dec 31, 3:57am
This has to be one of the most dumbest comments I have read. A lot of factors come into play. Age of cars, speed etc. Comparing a particular model of car (which comes in many ranges) to a car manufacturer which makes quite a few different models is stupid.

bellky, Dec 31, 4:00am
this doesn't change the FACTS

vtecintegra, Dec 31, 4:00am
Angle the cars hit at, whether the occupants were wearing seatbelts, whether SRS systems were fitted or working and a certain amount of luck are at play too.

fergus14, Dec 31, 4:09am
German- I've had 3 and touch wood, no major repairs to date over 7 years
American - I love late model Corvettes!
Jap - late model performance cars sweet as! The rest I wouldn't be seen dead in
Aussie- Apart from HSV and FPV same as Jap

damuridaz, Dec 31, 4:49am
been in the motor trade for 28 yrs jap cars are the most reliable
and cheap to repair
euro vehicles are total rubbish and expensive to buy and repair
aussie vehicles go hard
usa vehicles are only made to go in a straight line and dont corner

trdbzr, Dec 31, 5:03am
Wow FACTS. Big words. COMMON SENSE. Im quite sure you will find occupants of Commodores who have died in car crashes and occupants of Honda's who have survived crashes. Common sense would say you should find out what year, model, submodel Honda was being compared to what year, submodel Commodore.

Using some accident without showing the specific cars involved, and using that as a way of justifying a Commodore is somehow superior to Honda's in safety is plain stupid.