Japanese Ricer Convention

Page 1 / 2
mk3zephyr, Jan 8, 10:00am

rednsr, Jan 8, 10:05am
Isn't that gonzo or bozo or something

whqqsh, Jan 8, 3:14pm
what were those ankle slicers sticking out the front! & the hot ski poles out the back! now I know why certification is here for some, simply to reign in bad taste & stupidity

jkm, Jan 8, 6:02pm
HaHaHa. can I take mine to the Beach Hop!!

magicmat, Jan 8, 6:24pm
I had to stop it about a minute or so in to it. nausea was just too much.

friendly_prawn, Jan 8, 6:56pm
A lot of those cars wouldnt even be street legal. And could you imagine trying to park the ones' with the stupid whale tales and mile long front fairings.Obviously most those cars have been built up for a laugh.
Weirdest or ugliest street car convention!

mk3zephyr, Jan 9, 4:33am
Wait till these cars hit NZ streets lol

fordcrzy, Jan 9, 4:45am
they wouldnt last 2 seconds going inthe macdonalds carpark entrance.

foxdonut, Jan 9, 4:51am
Those cars have a special name which I forget. They're not ricers, they don't take themselves seriously - the cars are meant to look like that. Its like the automotive equivalent of cosplay.

Or something like that.

It seems stupid to me too.

sw20, Jan 9, 5:25am
They all look awesome.

fordcrzy, Jan 9, 5:30am
roflmao!

its sad when the best looking car in the line up is a bog standard estima! (or whatever that van was)

a18a, Jan 9, 5:39am
better than the "my car looks shitty, so I'll make it even shittier and call it a rat-rod" parade

sr2, Jan 9, 5:50am
I think you guys are taking the cars far more seriously than the guys who built them, they are supposed to be as ???over the top??

zephyrheaven, Jan 9, 5:59am
Brave leaving those cars out in the full sunshine - all the bubblegum & glue would surely let go

rismow, Jan 9, 6:21am
Pity the tsunami didn't wash them away.

magicmat, Jan 9, 6:22am
Wow. thats a bit harsh.

rednsr, Jan 9, 9:10am
Too soon.

gunhand, Jan 9, 9:20am
Id like to see some Kiwi boys have a go at the over the top way these guys have done it. Our young fellas cant even get the after market parts made for there cars to stay on for more than 5 mins at time.

skyline_guy_r34, Jan 9, 9:39am
Bosozoku. And it has made its way to our shores. Luckily not so drastically. But you see the odd externally mounted oil cooler and big flares etc around here and there.

male_timaru, Jan 9, 10:01am
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=H8Zbv1Bx2uo&feature=relmfu

Preferred watching this actually - especially the parking of the orange beemer with black bonnet at @ 2.38-2.50

doug207, Jan 9, 10:47am
That is pretty neat

ginga4lyfe, Jan 9, 11:44am
the style is derived from "bosozuko" motorcycle gangs that generally make there bikes extravagantly looking and they also tend to disobey the law, , though it seams to have taken a sharp turn into the cars too, I wouldnt know if the "Boso" style on the car groups are associated with gangs, but it wouldnt surprise me. the yakuza tend to screen these sorts of groups for potential members ( dont f*$# with the yakuza btw :))

kazbanz, Jan 9, 8:27pm
It would be a heap of fun taking one of those on the big charity rally.

ginga4lyfe, Jan 10, 7:39am
Apparently my last post was offensive! Wow is someone really that sensitive! or just going about targeting people for nothing again!

ginga4lyfe, Jan 10, 8:06am
ahh so they reply and state that they dont like the swearing although it was "masked" and then if i see this being done to report it. though i get were they are comming from, i think its a little steep as you have to be over 18 to sign up to TM and you cannot view the boards unless you are signed in,so in my mind if you dont like the potential swear word ( note it wasnt aimed/directed at anyone ), then why not just ignore it rather than run to big brother and tell on the person! we are all adults why do you need to run to big brother to sort out the problem! ah well. cant please anyone these days.