What torque setting should you use for wheel nuts!

Page 2 / 2
bigjerry, Feb 17, 8:28am
thats brilliant. i certainly 'lol'd on that one

smac, Feb 17, 8:51am
Still upset! Nope. Wasn't upset in the first place. Never even mentioned a mini, and wasn't thinking of it when I said that. Just making it clear I wouldn't want somebody who makes statements like the first quote above working on my car. After your further ranting, over reaction, and contradiction, I'd say I made a good call. Y'all have a nice life.

donz01, Feb 17, 8:52am
I have always got the wife to do them up as tight as she can using the wheel brace whenever I have had a wheel off. That way when she gets a puncture and says she cant get the nuts loose I can tell her that she did them up so she can undo them. Luckily we have never had a wheel come loose yet either.

ralphdog1, Feb 17, 9:11am
You Sir are clearly a man of considerable intelligence, as little Johnny said to the teacher I like the way you think

rsr72, Feb 17, 11:03am
And lightweight alloy nuts.

sr2, Feb 17, 8:36pm
First job on the GT3 when we got was to fit aftermarket wheel studs and nuts. I'm sure the originals bolts were fine but the studs have made wheel changing far easier. You've got to love those Krauts, and their "our way is the only way" mentality!

dave653, Apr 30, 2:04am
Exactly! My HJ is 60lb, VK 80lb, VN 91lb. I 'inform' the bloke on the end of the torque wrench every time! It's not to keep the wheel on. it's to protect the stud (and keep the wheel on).