Ideas please. 2000 Subaru impreza 1500

cautis, Jan 2, 7:55am
A little light that represents an engine has come on.The car seems to be running as normal.Can someone give me any idea of what/why etc.Thanks.

mugenb20b, Jan 2, 7:59am
ECU has picked up a fault in the fuel injection system, most likely a sensor fault. Take your car to the auto sparky or Subaru dealer. You can also disconnect your battery for a few minutes and see if the light reappears.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 2, 8:00am
Couldbe a multitude of things, you need to take your car and have it scanned by an appropriate garage to determine whats wrong. Don't delay getting this done.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 2, 8:00am
snappity snap snap

mugenb20b, Jan 2, 8:02am
At least I know I can type faster than you.

cautis, Jan 2, 8:04am
So I guess a trip to Raglan is out of the question.

cautis, Jan 4, 1:39am
Got a diagnostic test done and it's the oxygen sensor.They cleared the code and the light went off until about 3 kms from home.So I need to get the oxygen sensor done.

Thanks for the help Mugen and Jazz.

kazbanz, Jan 4, 5:23am
cautis--Um you could try the "cleaner in a can" product first. The O2 sensor is easy to pull out and at 15 for a can it could be all your car needs.

cautis, Jan 4, 6:42am
Kazbans, details please!Where do I get it from, is that what it's actually called!

ginga4lyfe, Jan 4, 9:27am
is it possible that the "oxygen sensor" is the sensor in the exhaust, not the mass inflow meter! As its running fine I would it would be the exhaust sensor acting up!

spottie, Jan 4, 11:16am
Oxygen sensor is in the exhaust, replaced mine in my Forester and the fuel consumption halved. Bought a generic one off ebay for $40, was quoted just over $600 for the genuine Subaru part.

kazbanz, Jan 4, 2:53pm
You are 100% right but id still clean the afm first.
keeping in mind if I'm wrong its cost $15.00 for a can of CRCAir flow meter cleaner

cautis, Jan 4, 7:28pm
Gees Spottie, $600!That's a bit off.

Thanks Kazbanz, I'll check it out and see if my neighbour can do it for me!