Subaru Impreza cambelt (1999)

poohbearfan3, Feb 25, 2:37am
My car is just about to click over to 100,000kms so I need to get the cambelt done.I will change the oil and air filters at the same time.Anything else I need to do!Some one said it's upwards of $1k, but I just rang Repco and they're about $145.I'm guessing the rest is labour!Also there is a trader on here offering to do cambelts for $450.Is that a good option!

meow_mix, Feb 25, 3:11am
The cambelt itself may only cost $145 but you must remember to replace the tensioners and idlers as well which adds to the price of a cambelt job.Best to get it all done properly.

spottie, Feb 25, 3:19am
That's right also throw in a thermostat, crank and cam seals and waterpump.

electro2000, Feb 25, 6:57am
yep id at least do those cam seals may as well whilst the belts coming off

bjdw, Feb 25, 7:10am
The belt, tensioner, idlers, water pump and seal kit will cost over $600 at Repco. (I work there).

phillip.weston, Feb 25, 7:55am
what model Impreza! the SOHC models are slightly cheaper in terms of cost of the belt and two less cam seals.

elshaun, Feb 25, 8:05am
I worked at a subaru dealership until last month and would be willing to do your cambelt.I have all the parts except the cambelt itself.Bad bit is I am in the waikato.If you are willing to travel, I'm willing to do the job.Not a big job and will only take a couple of hours including oil pump o-ring, seals, tensioners and idlers

suplyuparts, May 26, 9:02am
my cousin mate did my cambelt, i had 99 wrx-ra.cost $300 includin parts an labour,replace the belt an tensioner,i pulled the radiatr out,took him all of an half an hour to do it all.dont ring repco.they are exspensive.