RB25 DE in a 97 Stagea, ABS LIGHT

bigracket, Feb 13, 11:53pm
Hi All, Abs light on, sensors checked by digital multimeter- OK, battery disconnected for ten min, brakes bled, pads / disc sweet - problem remains. Light does not flash remains constant. Had an auto spark do a diag out come "There is a fault in the ABS system 70 dollars please". Anyone know of any known problems ! AFK for the next 3 to 4 hours, but will follow up. TIA

cypherboy, Feb 14, 12:36am
It will be the block of relays beside the ABS pump, or you have damaged a wheel speed sensor.

ct9a, Feb 14, 1:13am
did he not clear the fault! and if so did it come back on! what is the code!

jsbike, Feb 14, 2:23am
the abs ecu should be in the back cargo area on the passengers side behind a pannel, if the abs dash light is on, a light should be flashing on the abs ecu. this flashing is your fault code.

codes for r32 gtr, MIGHT be the same fault codes

1 ??

falcon15, Feb 14, 2:28am
Those stageas are common for the abs light comming on. 9 out of 10 times it will be the abs relay as cypherboy said. Just go get one from a nissan wreaker

bigracket, Feb 14, 6:46am
Thanks so far, Its not showing a code at all I dont think

bigracket, Feb 14, 6:48am
Wheel sensors seem good, only tested with a digital multimeter though but all show an output.

bigracket, Feb 14, 7:01am
The auto sparky connected up to one of the electrical boxeby the steering column.

jsbike, Feb 14, 7:12am
you found the abs ecu!

bigracket, Feb 14, 7:16am
No not yet I have just got home from work, so you say its passenger side cargo area! like in the vicinity of the rear suspension tower like behind that cover! thanks for you help btwIll look now

bigracket, Feb 14, 7:37am
Thats going to be a major getting that panel out. there is nothing obvious there unless its behind the whole panel.

jsbike, Feb 14, 8:12am
prob easiest to pull out the back seat and see what side most of the loom runs up. the location I gave you is only what I have been told via a nissan forum.

justcruisin, Feb 14, 8:39am
Slack auto sparky, what he meant to say was,"sorry we dont know but thats $70 anyway" ripoff
Ask for a print out next time
what type diagnostic connector!

bigracket, Feb 14, 9:37am
I dont know what kind, he said It can diag if there is a problem but cant tell you what it is. It was connected to a plug next to the steering column. I am searching for theABS ECU that js bike has got me on to. the auto sparky told me to book it in, and it could cost thousands of dollars. I told him ill check with a mechanic and the motering boys before I do that thanks. I was put off buy the scan scam thing. Well thats what it felt like to me.

bigracket, Feb 14, 9:39am
Thanks JSI might just have a call to a nissan wrecker tomorrow and run that location past them befor I have the whole side of the car out lol

bigracket, May 7, 10:02pm
Hey JS I finally pulled the passenger cargo area apart, found a loom with two plugs and a little box it was all connected to. No sign of any light on it though, I unscrewed it in case there was a light inside but no.