Red Square button on ford falcon stationwagon!

Page 1 / 3
farnortherner, Feb 9, 8:36pm
What is the red square button for on the middle part between the auto gear shift and the middle glove box compartment! Last owner said it was for nothing, but I see he doesnt have the back wiper on the stationwagon working, flash light comes up on the airbag as well, where he covered it with ablack cardboard on outside of dash. Id done the silly thing and paid for it before seeing it. But still a good buy. New warrant at that time.

freedomaira320, Feb 9, 8:42pm
That's a bit of a worry about the airbag light. Covering it with a bit of black cardboard! If the light is showing at warrant time it has to be fixed to pass. Could be something as simple as a sensor, or as complex as the whole airbag system.

johnf_456, Feb 9, 9:01pm
Depends if it was on that the time of inspection, no ones knows for sure

farnortherner, Feb 9, 9:37pm
A & S Motors Ltd, Southbridge gave the warrant of fitness, new

farnortherner, Feb 9, 9:41pm
And I didnt get to see the new warrant of fitness paper work, so unsure what got done! but I suppose they will know wouldnt they, wouldnt it all have to be supplied. But yes your right they would have probably have lied about it, 4 new tyes when theres only 2, take 2 new wheels off before they pass car over to new buyer. Thats what I believe happened.

farnortherner, Feb 9, 9:43pm
So does anyone know what the red square big light button does! Looks like a reflective light push button one in the midde before the auto gears. Wiring is all at the back boot, all cut off. Wondering where would wiring be for the back stationwagon wipers! Gosh I believe I have to pay up for abit of work that the other fella should have paid for.He has not contacted me about anything for awhile now. Since he dropped car off to me half way met.

johnf_456, Feb 9, 9:56pm
Yeah maybe so, but often you do get intermittent faults that come on sometimes and go away. I've had it before on customers cars. But yip I get what your saying.

afer_daily, Feb 9, 10:50pm
SELF DESTRUCT BUTTON !

falcon15, Feb 9, 10:57pm
I have seen a car that have had the airbag light on so the wire that activates the light has been cut behind the dash then spliced into the abs light wire so it comes on the goes off how it should when the car is started

elect70, Feb 9, 10:58pm
Had the samebought the carunseenhadalloys on it but when I went to get it they were steels so as I had cash walked away ., although he offered a discount ,.said meant to say in ad the alloys didnt come with it . Thats advantage of cash purchase .

mopar63, Feb 9, 11:16pm
my el falcon had the airbag light come on , Ford dealer said have to replace computer as they couldn't get a code of it,$800 ,drblueoval on here said check reverse lamp fuse, it was blown 20 cent fuse ,problem fixed

farnortherner, Feb 10, 3:08am
Wow where is DrBlueOval!

farnortherner, Feb 10, 3:09am
Im going to check the reverse lamp fuse now just to see.

farnortherner, Feb 10, 3:42am
Ok well there aint no airbag fuse or reverse lamp fuse, wow he must of recycled and put it in his other car he had I tried a fuse out of one of them and put in airbag fuse and reverse lamp fuse and made no difference to the light showing airbag in red on the dash.

farnortherner, Feb 10, 3:43am
I dont know what the last owner has been doing with this car, my god Im not looking forward to the next warrant, I will have to sort all these things out, does it have to have the back wiper to pass the warrant as that has never worked, Im not even sure if that the motor is connected due to wires at the back been cut off.

farnortherner, Feb 10, 3:48am
so does anyone know does the wiring for the back wiper usually all housed in the back boot lid, I hope to god its not from all these wires coming from the back seats out the boot front area. This is got to be shocking. I may have to buy a ford repair book now to see what this idiot has done

fordcrzy, Feb 10, 3:48am
geez stop worrying about the bloody wiper.the airbag light is your first priority.

what year falcon is it!

fordcrzy, Feb 10, 4:06am
from what you have described i bet the wires are for the stereo. he probably had a subwoofer box in the back. the switch may have been fitted afterwards to power on the amps for the subs.

farnortherner, Feb 10, 4:28am
omg thanks fordcrzy yes will stop worrying about the back wiper, gees sorry for harping, The Year is 1995 ford falcon gli stationwagon EFII has 4. iohc and ford crazy you are probably right about the wiring at the back by back of the seats, gees Im giving myself a headache.Rung ford place just before and he said that $60-$80 for computer diagnostic to tell me whats up with the airbags, he seems to think its a sensor prob, or some fault with airbags or the wiring under the front seats. Im trying to eliminate the $60-80 here.So wish I had a repair book but does it have anything in the book anyway if I spend $74 on a new one!

im_andrew, Feb 10, 4:28am
Pairing it off the oil light is a good one too.

farnortherner, Feb 10, 4:31am
does anyone have the ford repair book and if so can you tell me what to check on it besides the fuses for the airbag and the reverse lamp please. Or does it have to be just a ford dealer to do it, who else can do this diagnostic for a cheaper price.

farnortherner, Feb 10, 4:36am
well I can I take the illluminator bulb out or does that illuminate other things as well

fordcrzy, Feb 10, 4:36am
spending the money on a proper scan is the way to go.
make sure all the fuses are in and not blown. have a look under the front seats and see if any plugs are undone. just get them to scan it and reset the computor and give a DETAILED breakdown of the fault INCLUDING THE FAULT CODE AND EXACTLY WHAT SENSOR IS FAULTY. many places will scan a computor and say "yeah it has a fault that needs sorting" but not tell you wat it is. You pay your $60 bucks for a scan so you should get the results.

farnortherner, Feb 10, 4:38am
Ok thanks fordcrzy, will go along with the diagnostic scan and get the results and go from there.

kaituna, Feb 10, 4:38am
Ejector seat button for the mother in law.