Wrong choice of engine!

cuda.340, Jan 3, 3:49am
was down in the waikato heading back to Jafaland & i pass a Hiace van on the side of the road. i recognised one of it's occupants on the side of the road so i turned around to see if i can help. seems the van is overheating & they were out of water & only had 1x 1 litre bottle suitable for water. i had a couple of 4 litres containers so i take my mate up the road to fill them up. get back & they start filling when they decided to start the motor. wank wank wank holey crap it's a rota transplant in the van!this van was one of them grand custom vans with the high roof, full of camping gear & 6 adults. this wagon was overloaded for a normal motor but it was powered by a rota! wtf! i waved goodbye but i get the feeling it's going to be an ongoing issue for them. who in their right mind puts a rota in a hiace & a big hiace at that!. have you guys seen stupid engine transplants like this before!

bellky, Jan 3, 3:51am
was it something you said

granada, Jan 3, 3:56am
Mazda Roadpacer,,
A business partnership between holden and mazda wherby a HQ Holden was fitted with a rotary.POS

phillip.weston, Jan 3, 3:58am
You think the Roadpacer was bad, there was a bus called the Parkway powered by the same engine! Could you imagine a fully laden 26 seater bus powered by a rotary driving up the steep and twisty roads of Mt Fuji!

bjdw, Jan 3, 4:06am
All else can be forgiven.It has fridge in the boot.

mrfxit, Jan 3, 4:12am
loweredwhite van by chance, from Hamilton

panicky, Jan 3, 5:49am
HJ & HX

ginga4lyfe, Jan 3, 5:57am
I was just about to mention that bus too, they came as a smaller bus version too , though i wouldnt be surprised if it was actually triple rotor. and had more than the usual 5 gears

neo_psy, Jan 3, 6:01am
"Ex museum model" where the hubcaps don't even match.