Toyota Funcargo CVT or not!

paul271, Jan 4, 8:12am
Just looking at a funcargo on trade me for an elderly couple that need a new car. I noticed on the dash that the gear indicator goes D 2 L, which usually indicates a CVT trans, does anyone know if this is so! I havent encountered one before with a CVT, but that doesnt mean that they arent out there!

trouser, Jan 4, 8:17am
Normal old auto.

kazbanz, Jan 4, 3:00pm
Paul -the 1300cc funcargo is a normal auto with overdrive.
The 1500cc version is auto/overdrive with tiptronic gearshift if you choose to use it--most people don't

rovercitroen, Jan 4, 3:46pm
Can't you sleep either kazbanz! LOL. I put it down to 33 years of shift work. What's your excuse!

rovercitroen, Jan 4, 3:48pm
BTW, I know someone who has a 1500cc Funcargo. He loves it! He's quite a young guy and it is quite an unusual sort of car for a young guy to have and he gets a bit of shit about it but he loves his little (but very spacious) little car.

kazbanz, Jan 4, 9:27pm
Baby is giving mrs Kaz a hard time.It would apear my daughter will be into kick boxing once she's bornand it seems "gag gag" I'm quite atuned to my wife -or she's mirroring baby and beating me up in my sleep

thejazzpianoma, Jan 4, 11:31pm
I think the plastic wheel covers complete the look nicely.

cjdnzl, Jan 4, 11:59pm
The CVT cars I have seen are R-N-D-1, no 2 - not necessary with CVTs.

paul271, Jan 6, 8:21pm
You dont happen to have one sitting on your yard at all do you Kaz! People want to spend about 6k, no trade in (unless you want a 1989 nissan bluebird!)

kazbanz, Jan 6, 10:43pm
Paul--I'm sorry mate I can't answer that in case the TM narcs tell tales to momma. But I'm sure if someone visited a west auck caryard they'd be happy

paul271, Jan 6, 10:51pm
How does one find a really good yard in west auckland! Totally unbiased opinions of course!

thunderbolt, Jan 6, 10:56pm
This is the sort of question that should be pondered over a cold beer.
If we were in the US of A we could say " It's Millar time !"

kazbanz, Jan 6, 11:08pm
Paul check your phone for messages