Bit of an earthquake in CHCH just now. 6.3!

skyline_guy_r34, Feb 22, 1:00am
Its all on tv3 news. I know its motoring but us boys should be informed.

gunhand, Feb 22, 1:03am
Bloody awfull mate, motoring dont matter at this time. bad bad news.

skyline_guy_r34, Feb 22, 1:05am
The cathedral is well and truly shagged now. Showed pictures of parts of it falling off. Apparently there was actually 2 earthquakes. Only heard 6.3 so far though

skyline_guy_r34, Feb 22, 1:06am
And I think the very important thing to note is the depth of it. It was 6.3 but at only a depth of 5kms it is very shallow so creates quite a lot of damage

rsr72, Feb 22, 1:24am
A Porsche Cayenne crushed by rubble.

gunhand, Feb 22, 1:34am
rsr72 wrote:
A Porsche Cayenne crushed by rubble.[/quote

People have did this time, who gives a f%*k.

desertcolt07, Feb 22, 1:34am
its better looking now then

skyline_guy_r34, Feb 22, 1:37am
And yeap gunhand is right. Theres been multiple deaths reported.

This earthquake is considered to be worse than the one in september even though it is smaller in magnitude.

gilligan2, Feb 22, 1:46am
Hilary Barry on the news is fighting back tears. Ive heard of two metro buses in the city being crushed under falling buildings and to add insult to injury they are now saying they are out of ambulances to help people.

twink19, Feb 22, 1:54am
its live on ch 7 Brisbane at the moment

rsr72, Feb 22, 2:32am

v8_mopar, Feb 22, 2:54am
:( sad day!

gunhand, Feb 22, 2:58am
Yes very, then theres dipshits that make useless unhelpfull and quite pathetic comments as we see above. God the intelligence of some amaze me.

gasngo2, Feb 22, 3:10am
van parked on street was flatten they believe a backpacker in it not the place to be. Lot more damage this time.

lookoutas, Feb 22, 4:41am
Bumma! Almost worth putting something more explanative.

Hope all the petrolheads like zeph are OK.
Guess they can't let us know at the moment.

socram, Feb 22, 5:08am
Yup.Lets hope 'our' regulars are all OK.You just can't be sorry enough for those poor folks.I love Christchurch and its people and even though I have no family down there, very, very sad and upset about this.

Maybe the best we can do up here is try a few fundraising events.

I'll happily donate 25% of the profits from our share of the May 7th Hampton Downs race meeting, in conjunction with Rally NZ, for starters.

1fordluva, Feb 22, 5:18am

rsr72, May 15, 2:47am
A most uncalled-for comment considering the extent of the disaster and the massive death toll so far.