Boat transportation, Nelson to ChCh

net_oz, Jan 16, 4:20pm
Didn't put much thought into it beforehand, did you! Looks like it's going to cost you heaps.

NZTools, Jan 16, 5:51pm
I'm picking the boat will be more rotten than the trailker too.

gadgit3, Jan 16, 6:14pm
Just take a can of white spray paint and the rego plate from the garden trailer piece of cake.

fishdoc, Jan 16, 9:02pm
I would leave the trailer behind. If you don't have any contacts in Nelson, I would contact "Lift n Shift" in Nelson. To be honest, it needs to be put on a flatbed truck in a basic cradle. If you proceed with the project I think it would be better to build a new trailer. I would also get a boatbuilder in Nelson to check the integrity of the actual boat, then make a call if its worth going further, or cut your losses and walk away. Have you viewed it!

dinosaw88, Jan 16, 9:38pm
The hull is a Hartley and its sound. Cabin needs work but thats fine with me. I do have friends in Nelson so I have access to power etc to do the welding if necessary to get it home. I also have a boat trailer at home so If I put lights on this one I could use number plates off the other one for the journey.
My intention is to build a new trailer, maybe salvage what i can off the old one.
I have viewed the boat, Ive even been out fishing in it, and I got it really cheap so its definitely worth a bit of hassle to get it home.
Lift N Shift sounds good, I'll give them a call and see what they say, .

elect70, Jan 17, 3:50am
Get transported ontruck with trombone deck& preferably with ahiab . DOnt risk towing itat all

owene, Jan 17, 5:23am
If you're gonna get L&S to cart it down, I may be interested in chatting about sharing the cost as I potentially may have something heavy to be bought back up to Nelson. At a wild guess, I'd say it would be $1500-2000 round-trip plus any cradle costs. call then and speak to Steve.

bigfatmat1, Jan 17, 9:15am
you could try byrne crane and cartage if ya want to check out prices.