Advice please - tyre options for 1994 Safari LWB

searunner1, Feb 24, 8:05am
Hoping someone can advise best options for Nissan Safari 4WD tires.Time for full set of replacements on factory alloy rims.

Vehicle is doing 90% highway miles - the balance on gravel roads.Usually loaded and towing single axle trailer with 4 wheel bike and assorted tools.

Current set worn in less than 40KCan I do better!

vr4_legnum, Feb 24, 9:02am
the new firestone 4x4 tyres are shit

look at the Cooper ATR. wont be cheap but they do way more than 40,000kms

Plus what size are you atfer!

sewnup, Feb 24, 9:08am
hi i have a swb safari and i am running bfg a/t they have about 3to 5mm left on them and done 58000km so should get early 60-65ks out of them ,i would put them on again hands down cheers

searunner1, Feb 24, 9:41am
Thanks to all.Was not planning on changing factory rims and tyre sizes but could be persuadedBFG sound OK but will check Cooper ATRHave not heard of those until tonight.

msigg, May 23, 12:18am
Hi, I have just got put on my safari KUMHO tyres A/T I don't know how good they are yet but got a warranty card given with them saying that they will last me 90'000km , the conditions after reading the car say things like tyre rotation and wheel alignment, and that is over a 5 year period. I don't realy care what sort of tyres are on so long as they balance up good, my km are low. Cheers . best ask around the tyre places.