"HELP cambelt HELP"

bruno07, Mar 3, 10:42pm
V6 Mitsi legnum if belt fails while driving does it stuff motor,valves,pistons,head etc, what would be cost of repair!

ct9a, Mar 3, 11:08pm
put a new one on and tryturning her over

bruno07, Mar 3, 11:19pm
but is it worth it

1grasshopper, Mar 4, 12:27am
Just had that happen on our Mitsi Libero at Xmas.We only bent half the valves (all inlet side), pistons, head etc were fine.Cost of parts was about $1000ish and we paid a mate to fix it.Quote from Mitsi to fix was $4000.HTH

bruno07, Mar 4, 12:35am
Thanks grasshopper,not quite what I wanted to hear but now I know.

fordluva, Mar 4, 12:49am
Liberos dont have a V6, sobeing a different engine much of the damage factor will be dependant on weather or not its an interference engine, personally I cannot answer that, but someone here will know.

phillip.weston, Mar 4, 2:04am
yep the 6A13 is an interference engine whether it's SOHC or DOHC. You'll have bent valves for sure. Not worth the hassle of pulling the cylinder heads off for repair, better off just finding a known good 2nd hand engine to replace it with.

bruno07, Mar 4, 2:22am
what about a 6A12

phillip.weston, Jun 13, 3:57pm
Same deal, a little harder to find a replacement engine for as the only 6A12 SOHC came out in the Legnum from 1996 to 1997 only, whereas the 6A13 was in the Legnum just about the whole time as well as in some late model Diamantes.