Polishing cars

db.price, Jan 13, 1:24am
I am looking for a replacement polish for a selleys product called Glide on Glaze.When I polished my car I used to always do a standard polish first followed by a polish using the Glide on Glaze which made the car amazingly shiny.

Is there any product out there that would do a similar job!

foxdonut, Jan 13, 3:06am
I don't know about the spray on stuff. I used Merguiars Gold Class finishing wax over a well buffed colour matched polish. It'll take a lot longer than a spray, but the finish is pretty good on a modern / good coat of paint.

next-to-normal, Jan 13, 3:51am
turtle ice

matthew111, Jan 13, 4:10am
I last polished my car in 1980.

saffa2, Jan 13, 5:41am
where do you get these Polish cars!.

gammelvind, Jan 13, 6:21am
3M have a spray bottle of liquid wax. Very reasonably priced, the rest of their polish products are good, so presume the wax will be as well. You can get it in Tauranga.

detroitauto, Jan 13, 6:50am
I second merguiars or even mothers

kevymtnz, Jan 13, 6:51am
just dont get wax on ya windows

gooddealz2, Jan 13, 9:15am
I use either Mothers or Turtle Ice.both do a much better job than polishes I've used previously.

shane.64, Jan 13, 9:57am
I just use a UV protector Polish to stop the clear coat peeling off from the strong NZ sun rays

mark.52, Jan 13, 11:26am
Polish contains compounds to restore the paint to it's previous condition, fill or mask any minor scratches, rust-preventatives, and other 'stuff'.

After cleaning, drying, then polishing the car, once or twice per year a wax coat is recommended. This basically armours the paintwork against UV light, acid rain, insects, bird poop etc.

I use Meguires, or Mothers. You get what you pay for. Both are excellent.